News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Official "I'm Away Topic"

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, June 26, 2008, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: blueflower999 on May 09, 2017, 09:37:04 AMCome on, that's not true. At my school they were a huge deal.
You had a weird high school, though.

Trainer Ave

High school is weird in general. They teach odd things you dont need for anything but dont teach  you how to be successful in the world.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

braix

High school would be great if it didn't force you into social situations
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Trainer Ave

I think high school would have been great if it wasnt sit down shut up learn what we tell you and dont ask questions.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Bubbles

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 09, 2017, 10:10:42 AMHigh school is weird in general. They teach odd things you dont need for anything but dont teach  you how to be successful in the world.
okay people are always saying this lol but I can't tell you the number of times just in my first year at college I thought "damn I remember learning part of this in highschool, I wish I paid more attention/we went more in depth bc it would make this semester a lot easier". and my college courses are for my degree = my future career = my future life success so yeah highschool is kinda important imo

Trainer Ave

College is much the same way as well. Tell me why someone needs to know American History to be a computer programmer. It doesnt make much sense. I get that some aspects of high school and college are important but in a lot of areas that matter, they fall short.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Latios212

I feel like this has already been thoroughly explained to you in another thread some time ago
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 09, 2017, 10:34:28 AMCollege is much the same way as well. Tell me why someone needs to know American History to be a computer programmer.

Then go to trade school. Not hard.

Bubbles

If you're referring to college courses, core curriculums don't exist to make you a better computer programmer but a better person in general. more rounded and not closed in to your one specific field of study. Having a broader sense of the world, relating to others, etc. You can't stand to sit through your history class, but there's countless people going for degrees or having jobs they love in that field. why?? how??

Plus from my experience my core classes have been 110% easier than my actual major courses. They're designed with the idea that people are required to take them and that they might not be interested in them, but there's still a reason it's mandatory to take them. so no complaining shush

idk man learning is just cool. it's boring and stressful at times but i've gotten a bunch out of every class so far and i can't imagine not going to a school with a mandatory core

Quote from: Latios212 on May 09, 2017, 10:42:10 AMI feel like this has already been thoroughly explained to you in another thread some time ago
ninja'd oops this is what i get for ditching nsm for a few months

E. Gadd Industries

Wb Seb! I'm almost ready to resume music. ONE MORE AP TEST AND IT IS TOMORROW
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

You know, I was beginning to wonder where Sebastian had gone. Hi!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 09, 2017, 07:12:09 AMHigh school finals don't matter
I agree. I flopped music bigtime and I'll still be going to big boy school come September :)
innit

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

AmpharosAndy

Oh right, it's not the same is it? I dunno
innit

ThatHiddenCharacter

High school finals are pretty big in my area. Especially considering they're worth the same portion of the yearly grade as a quarter is worth (So 1/5 because four quarters plus final). Fail the final and you'll probably fail the year here.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter