News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Official "I'm Away Topic"

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, June 26, 2008, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Just in time for you being back
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

kms

Spoiler
So here's my experience of one quarter without NSM(forums and Skype):

Week 1: It was really hard not to check the forums and see what I missed and whatnot since it was such a big habit of mine. After like halfway through the week I had stopped checking the site entirely and it stopped bothering me. I finally had more free time and that was really nice. I think I also left the Skype groups around here. I was finding it easier to focus and do well in completing school assignments.
Week 2: Turns out leaving every chat group I'm in makes me really lonely, so I couldn't resist making my own Discord server.
Week 4: I started to get really tired of just studying. Like, really tired. On top of my usual fatigue it just started to kill me inside out so I played League and got addicted to it again.
Week 6: I regained some control and started to work out again as well as started to practice piano a lot more. These were basically just ways for me to forget about school though.
Week 7: Grades fell. Stress piled up, started to sleep throughout the school day again. Slept through a ton of stuff and missed assignments. Procrastination habits are only getting worse. Where there was NSM is now YouTube and piano. Ended the quarter at an all-time low.
Week 8: Got my computer taken away because I got caught playing League again. Where there's no computer games is now just more piano.
Week 9: Had to cut my sleep time to do homework, still couldn't get it done. Spent most of my time watching YouTube and practicing piano to get my mind off of school.
Week 10: I give up, I'm back on NSM

Conclusion: Leaving NSM ultimately did nothing for my productivity. It helped in the first week or two, but I eventually just found other ways to waste my time. Discord took the place of Skype, YouTube took the place of checking NSM, piano and drawing took the place of playing League.

Considering this, I think it's more of an issue with me wanting to procrastinate and not do work. I don't have the focus to stay away from all distractions. The only thing I really succeeded in doing was cutting out most of my social life.

I don't really know what to do with myself anymore. I'm just totally enervated and can't bring myself to care about anything. Maybe even more so than I was before.

At any rate, staying away from NSM isn't going to do me much good so I'm back at least for now. Staying out of the Skype groups because I think that was the big time-sucker for me. Being in any more than one chat group would probably cripple my productivity beyond help. If you want to chat with me you can just join my server here.
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AmpharosAndy

Hey! I can change my signature now :D
innit

AmpharosAndy

Whoops double post. As I'm sure many of you may have guessed, I'm not as inactive as I thought I might be. I'm still away + have no piano so I won't be doing lots of arranging but hey ho ;)
innit

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 29, 2017, 02:17:37 PM
Spoiler
Considering this, I think it's more of an issue with me wanting to procrastinate and not do work. I don't have the focus to stay away from all distractions.

I don't really know what to do with myself anymore. I'm just totally enervated and can't bring myself to care about anything. Maybe even more so than I was before.
[close]
I highly empathise with this. It's ridiculously difficult to do anything. I still believe that finding just one specific long-term goal in life can help relieve the issue, at least to some extent. Not a perfect fix, but a start. I fully understand if you don't seem to be interested in doing anything. Hopefully something will pop-up soon.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

cashwarrior1

Sorry to interrupt, just wanted to announce that I was back.

Camping!   ?
It was supposed to rain the entire time we were camping and we were expecting it and were going to deal with it. It always rains when we go camping, so it's nothing new (My parents even said that they went camping somewhere in Texas, some place that was considered one of the driest places on earth and it rained). When we got there, we started to put our camper up as fast as we could, but the rain had just started to get bad, so we were all soaking wet. We had this brand new tent that was huge and was different from what we were used to putting up, so we struggled trying to put that up in the rain. After everything was all set up, we then relaxed and ate and played card games. We had some fun talking about things and staying dry. Eventually, we all then went to go to bed. Sleep was a problem, however, because there was this humongous thunderstorm that went on all night. Flashes of lightning like every 30 seconds, rain that fell twice as hard as during the day, I was legit scared that a tree was going to fall on us. We all were woken up by thunder that sounded like cannons being fired back and forth, it was insane. Anyways, two raccoons came and got into our cooler, ate our eggs, bacon, and tortilla shells. One also was holding a beer and almost ran away with my friend's hat. Thankfully those in the camper stopped them. After we all finally got some sleep and it became morning, we were all ready to just relax and sleep in. The thunderstorm was still going on, so we didn't want to get up anytime soon. My friend had got up and started out into the restroom, but before he left the tent, the supports broke and water fell in all over our stuff. Thankfully he had already got out of the way because it would've fell on him. Also, I was pretty sure this was the tree that I was fearing about, but nope, just some water soaking us at 7:30 in the morning. Since our tent had broke, half our stuff was soaked, and our food was stolen, we decided to pack up and leave. Funny thing is, if we would've waited, the rain would've stopped long enough for us to go hiking. Anyways, that was our crazy camping trip that was supposed to last all weekend.
[close]

mikey

Wow that sounds like a really exciting trip
A lot more exciting than mine lol but I think it's impossible to go camping and not play cards
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Completely unrelated, but every time someone mentions camping, I remember that one Verm TWG where I was a special who couldn't make a death post, so when I died, the rest of the alliance told other people I went camping and wasn't around, to cover for the fact I was a special.

I'm not the camping type of person. I've never been camping. I despise the very concept of camping. I intend to live the rest of my life avoiding camping.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Pianoth

I'm super busy with contests and concerts every day at least until 12-13 May. Sorry for being completely absent this week too.

Sebastian

AmpharosAndy

innit

ThatHiddenCharacter

My finals are still about a month away...
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SlowPokemon

High school finals don't matter
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 09, 2017, 07:12:09 AMHigh school finals don't matter
Come on, that's not true. At my school they were a huge deal.
Bulbear! Blueflower999