News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Dekkadeci's Medleys, Unfaithful Arrangements, and Non-VGM/-Piano Transcriptions

Started by Dekkadeci, June 12, 2016, 03:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Ooh, I love your Legendary Air Ride March! Keep up the good work!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

Yeah, I've been into heavy metal remixing lately--Blazing Fast Battle - Divine Protection Required is a remix of battle themes and "With Mila's Divine Protection" from Fire Emblem Gaiden in a progressive metal style.

Dekkadeci

NinSheetMusic's latest arrangement contest just announced winners, so now I can finally post my entry in this thread!

Prism of Delight

It's a sonata-allegro using the Prism Plains theme from Kirby: Squeak Squad as its first theme group and "Victory's Delight" from Bravely Default as its second theme group. Jollity ensues.

Another Musescore user tipped me off to https://www.landr.com as a music file-enhancing website, though I don't think that site did much to my .wav.

Dekkadeci

I did mention at one point that one bar of the Cookie Country 1 theme of Kirby's Return to Dream Land sounds just like one bar of Bach's Little Fugue in G Minor. Well, try to write a (two-part) invention on the Cookie Country 1 theme and mix in a little of Bach's Little Fugue in my Klein Kirby Invention!

...Admittedly, I'm having trouble uploading it right now, so if the link is broken, that would be why.
The piece finally uploaded--yay!

Dekkadeci

I've joined a series of contests where I rearrange specific works in Musescore--the first of my contest entries is Are They Trying to Battle Us? I bet you've never heard of the piece it's based on, Attempt at a Battle Theme.

Dekkadeci

Like hearing screwed-up versions of classical music? Well, back during ragtime's heyday around 1895-1910, a lot of screwed-up ragtime versions of then-contemporary classical music were made. Perhaps my ragtime rearrangement of Hermann Necke's Csikós Post, Ragging Csikós Post, would fit right in!

Dekkadeci

Want a remix combining Shovel Knight music with stuff from a composer you don't know? Try Spin the Cat! One of the pieces it remixes is something called "The Feline Duplication Incident."

Dekkadeci

Like listening to Waterflame? Maybe you'll appreciate this remix of Waterflame's Sky Fortress, Night Torch at the Sky Fortress! Then again, maybe you've never heard of Waterflame....

Dekkadeci

If you're into completions of piano sonatas, try my completion of "Sonata" by someone named Lorenzo Miceli! Then again, maybe you aren't....

Dekkadeci

I'll see whether I can make arranging Christmas carols a yearly tradition--here's my Scherzo on "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" for piano four hands!

Dekkadeci

Like nearly impossible, somewhat unfaithful arrangements for solo piano? Try Concert Paraphrase on "Dragon Fight!". If you have no idea what "Dragon Fight!" sounds like, it's here. It's the regular battle theme of the video game Blue Dragon, for those of you who are curious.

Dekkadeci

Like metal remixes of solo piano music? Then you might be surprised how naturally "Spring Celebration" by Stephen Chatman transfers to progressive metal! Listen to this and come back to me. Maybe this piece triggers memories of your advanced piano exams....

Dekkadeci

Wondering how hard I can rearrange a piece? Guess you'll find out with My Birthday Got Interrupted! It ends up shredding the "Happy Birthday" song into (still recognizable) bits.

Dekkadeci

NinSheetMusic's latest arrangement contest just announced winners, so now I can finally post my entry in this thread!

The Wayfarer and the Setting Star

It's a remix of "Magolor the Wayfarer" (the main menu theme of Kirby's Return to Dream Land) done in the style and meter of "My Friend and the Setting Sun..." (the Revenge of Meta Knight ending theme from Kirby Super Star)! And that means that the first theme's meter gets screwed up.

Dekkadeci

This is my first time arranging a piece from a movie--my Variations on "The Mob Song" from Beauty and the Beast! I tried to make things relatively easy this time.