Dekkadeci's Medleys, Unfaithful Arrangements, and Non-VGM/-Piano Transcriptions

Started by Dekkadeci, June 12, 2016, 03:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekkadeci

I have relatively few medleys, unfaithful arrangements, and transcriptions of non-video game music, so I'll be posting sporadically here at best. I do have an idea for a new, not-created-yet unfaithful arrangement, though...

Again, I'll slowly publish them on Musescore. You can listen to my works on Musescore's website (the audio will not be mastered there). These medleys and unfaithful arrangements may contain bridging melodies I wholly composed as well as music based on the source material (that isn't precisely the source material). I will not be publishing my pieces in order of arrangement. If enough of you request downloadable files, I'll start stocking up my Google Drive.

Arrangements on Musescore
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/sets/2271631

Transcriptions on Musescore
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/sets/2205296 (Also contains piano transcriptions of video game music)

Medleys
The Legendary Air Ride March
It's The Legendary Air Ride Machine...if it were forced into march form and paired with a trio made of music from Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Skull Ganged Up On
Necrodeus's and his Skull Gang's themes sound rather similar, and this arrangement combines them into one virtuoso showpiece.

MegaloTalia
A high-octane jazz medley of nearly all UnderTale pieces, this is rather like Megalovania in the style of Dummy!...with Hopes and Dreams woven in.

The Polka of Your Best Friend
A high-octane medley of all UnderTale pieces, this swift polka mashes up Your Best Friend, Bergentrückung, and more.

Blazing Fast Battle - Divine Protection Required
This heavy metal remix of pieces from Fire Emblem Gaiden is so blazing fast, regular protection will not do.

Prism of Delight
This sonata-allegro on the Prism Plains theme from Kirby: Squeak Squad and "Victory's Delight" from Bravely Default was written for Arrangement Contest No. 8 in B# "Mix"olydian "Amalgamation".

Spin the Cat
Mashing up "The Feline Duplication Incident." by someone named Œnanthic and "Spin Ye Bottle" from Shovel Knight, this aims for a round of 8-bit potion- and cat-tossing fun.

The Wayfarer and the Setting Star
This version of "Magolor the Wayfarer" (the main menu theme of Kirby's Return to Dream Land) done in the style and meter of "My Friend and the Setting Sun..." (the Revenge of Meta Knight ending theme from Kirby Super Star) was written for Arrangement Contest No. 9 in C-triple-flat major "An Odd Time for a Contest!". Oh yeah, I also did toss in quotes of other Kirby themes.

Unfaithful Arrangements
Variations on Holst's Thaxted
A reverent double theme and variations on Gustav Holst's hymn tune Thaxted (a.k.a. the central theme of "Jupiter" from The Planets), this starts off slowly and gracefully with a faithful (enough) version of the hymn but gradually builds to a climax. The climax breaks at Bar 104, and the piece ends mystically and quietly.

La Sonata Danza
It's Gioacchino Rossini's song La Danza...but in E minor instead of A minor, forced into sonata-allegro form, and now technically impossible to play for solo piano. Shucks.

Sleigh Ride Galop
A fun rearrangement of Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride in the style of a galop. ...Got taken out by a copyright strike, sadly.

Peppa'd Pig Blues
It's the 12-bar blues...version of the Peppa Pig theme!

O Come, All Ye Faithful (Piano Duo Arrangement)
I'd say that typical arrangements of Christmas carols don't end with march variations, unlike this version.

Vladimir Horowitz Would Be Proud
Unless you've played through "Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course", you've probably never heard of Willard A. Palmer, Morton Manus, or Amanda Vick Lethco. Nevertheless, this is an virtuosic Liszt-style arrangement of a scherzo of theirs.

Klein Kirby Invention
Ever noticed how much the Cookie Country 1 theme of Kirby's Return to Dream Land sounds like Bach's Little Fugue in G Minor at one point? If you did, this Baroque-style arrangement of the Cookie Country 1 theme is for you!

Are They Trying to Battle Us?
Based on an "Attempt at a Battle Theme" by someone named Œnanthic, this string quartet version does not stray too far from the source.

Ragging Csikós Post
This piece follows the grand tradition of ragtime rearrangements of classical music. In this case, Hermann Necke's Csikós Post suffers through this treatment.

Night Torch at the Sky Fortress
This remix of Waterflame's Sky Fortress rearranges the melodies of that work a lot.

Sonata Completed
This is a relatively reverent completion of an incomplete "Sonata" by someone named Lorenzo Miceli.

Scherzo on "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
I'd say that "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" typically doesn't switch keys between sections, unlike this piano four hands arrangement.

Concert Paraphrase on "Dragon Fight!"
Another devilishly virtuosic arrangement for piano, this time of Blue Dragon's regular battle theme, "Dragon Fight!"

My Birthday Got Interrupted
It'll be tricky to find the excerpts of "Happy Birthday" in this modernist rearrangement for solo piano, but trust me, it's possible....

Variations on "The Mob Song"
A reverent and relatively easy theme and variations on "The Mob Song" from Beauty and the Beast, this alternates between tense and beautiful sections and ends with a bang.

Unforced Way
This set of variations on part of "Force Your Way" from Final Fantasy VIII shows the beauty that portion has when its usual accompaniment is stripped away.

We Three Kings Waltz
Now with more sections than the original Christmas carol "We Three Kings" actually has!

Finish This Score...Finished!
Done for a contest, this is a completion of a piano starter by someone named Quaver Crafter.

Toccata on "Cannonball"
This rock-style piano toccata on "Cannonball", the 3rd and last final boss theme of Mega Man Zero 3, comes complete with its own solo!

Etude After "Fuoco" From Roland Dyens's Libra Sonatine
This piano etude adds accompaniment for "Fuoco", the 3rd movement of Roland Dyens's Libra Sonatine.

O Canada Waltz
This delightful waltz is based on Canada's national anthem, "O Canada".

Romp on a Simple Theme
Done for another contest, this takes a simple theme from someone named musical.catfish05 on a quick-paced jazzy journey.

Toccata on the Aggretsuko Opening Theme
This is a full-blooded metal toccata on the opening theme of the Netflix series Aggretsuko. Beware: the original opening theme is pretty metal itself....

God Rest Ye Funky Gentlemen
It's "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", only funk-influenced and with a solo! ...And it's for piano four hands!

Joy to the Jazzy World!
An exuberant piano four hands jazz arrangement of "Joy to the World" is now at your fingertips!

Mixing More Ingredients
This rondo-form arrangement of "Mallow's Trial" from Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon keeps the chipper mood and the bounce of the original.

Variations on Beethoven's Turkish March
This double theme and variations on Ludwig van Beethoven's "Turkish March" keeps the energy of the original but puts new spins on it.

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Piano Four Hands Arrangement)
This arrangement of "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" for piano four hands passes the melody between players and increases in intensity as it goes along.

The Azure Tree Stands in Mourning
This "de-bossified" version of "The Azure Arbitrator", the final boss theme of The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure, was written for Arrangement Contest No. 10 in A-flat Aeolian "Relaxing music to empty your head".

Romp On Paganini
This madly syncopated set of variations on Paganini's Caprice in A Minor, Op. 1, No. 24 is sure to keep the groove going!

Deck Those Jazzy Halls
A lively jazz piano four hands arrangement of "Deck the Halls" is now here!

Concert Paraphrase on "Knight of the Wind"
This virtuosic piano arrangement of "Knight of the Wind" from Sonic and the Black Knight goes hard on that song!

Fantasia on "Here We Come A-Wassailing"
Influenced by Gustav Holst's "Fantasia on the Dargason", this is a similarly frisky fantasia for piano four hands on the Christmas carol "Here We Come A-Wassailing".

A Little Jazzy Faithful
Another arrangement of "O Come, All Ye Faithful", this time for a solo jazz pianist.

Non-VGM Transcriptions
In Storm and Sunshine (Concert Paraphrase)
John Clifford Heed's hit march In Storm and Sunshine finally has a piano transcription! ...At least if you respect only the first repeats. Second repeats stop becoming faithful and start becoming devilishly virtuosic.

Elysian Quest OST Track #6 - Dangerous Enemy (Boss)
Composed by OMMAIGADD, this is a piano transcription of a boss theme of the under-development, unreleased video game "Elysian Quest".

Prelude in C Minor, Op. 28, No. 20 (Chopin) (Band Arrangement)
The unusual instrumentation is due to its genesis as an arrangement for a contest, but this is otherwise a fairly standard concert band-like arrangement of Chopin's famous prelude. The flute generally plays one octave higher than anything in the original sheet music.

The Dark Journey
Composed by Real Faction, this is a piano transcription of an ambient chiptune loop, easy to put in your video games. Perhaps the video games' characters are lost in the twilit snow...

Pomp and Circumstance March No. 2 in A Minor, Op. 39 (Elgar)
Finally, a free piano transcription of Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March No. 2 in A Minor! Beware: your hands need to span a 10th each to play several of the chords.

Pomp and Circumstance March No. 3 in C Minor, Op. 39 (Elgar)
Finally, a free piano transcription of Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March No. 3 in C Minor! Beware: your hands need to span a 10th each to play several of the chords, and at points, I even demand an 11th.

Pomp and Circumstance March No. 4 in G Major, Op. 39 (Elgar)
Tired of signing up for websites to get a full free piano transcription of Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March No. 4 in G Major? Now you don't have to!

Sorcerors Battle (B♭ Clarinet Transcription)
One of Jake "virt" Kaufman's beloved chiptunes now has a clarinet transcription!

Zaghnol Comes
This is a piano transcription of a particularly progressive metal OverClocked ReMix of "Hunter's Chance" from Final Fantasy IX, arranged by Juan "SixtoSounds" Medrano.

VGM Non-Piano Transcriptions
The Wonderful 101
Tables Turn (B♭ Clarinet Transcription)
This power-up theme is one of the most popular themes in The Wonderful 101.
In this transcription, Bars 50-56 are the ending I semi-improvised.

Kirby
Distant Traveler (Magolor Race EX Theme) (B♭ Clarinet Transcription)
Originally a stage theme in Kirby's Dream Collection, this gained a second life as a stage theme in "Dedede's Drum Dash".
In this transcription, Bars 47-63 are the ending I semi-improvised.

Save the Kingdom! Ordeal Quest (B♭ Clarinet Transcription)
This plays when fighting against some Ordeal bosses in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe.
In this transcription, the last part of Bar 45 is the ending I semi-improvised.

Kirby Fighters Deluxe - Title Theme (B♭ Clarinet Transcription)
This, the title theme of Kirby Fighters Deluxe, returns in Kirby Battle Royale as a battle theme.
In this transcription, Bars 15-18 are the ending I semi-improvised.

Bravely
Battle of Anne (B♭ Clarinet Transcription)
This theme plays the first time you fight the evil cryst-fairy Anne in Bravely Second.
In this transcription, Bars 165-183 are the ending I semi-improvised.

Stardust
Super Stardust HD - StarFighting Across the Universe (Lave Theme) (B♭ Clarinet Transcription)
This is the theme for the first level of Super Stardust HD, the planet of Lave.
In this transcription, Bars 187-205 are the ending I semi-improvised.

Metal Remixes
Piano Sonata No. 30, Op. 109, Movement 2 (Beethoven) (Metal Remix)
This heavy metal remix of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 30, Op. 109, Movement 2 attempts to keep it reverent...but how reverent can metal remixes of classical music be by default?

Spring Celebration (Stephen Chatman) (Metal Remix)
Another relatively reverent heavy metal remix, this time of a piece called "Spring Celebration" by Stephen Chatman that you might remember from your piano exams.

Shadow Rituals (Michael Markowski) (Metal Remix)
Yet another relatively reverent heavy metal remix, this time of a concert band piece called "Shadow Rituals" by Michael Markowski.

Piano Sonata No. 1, Movement 3 (Julian Cochran) (Metal Remix)
Still another relatively reverent heavy metal remix, this time of the third movement of Julian Cochran's Piano Sonata No. 1.

Csardas Macabre, S.224 (Liszt) (Metal Remix)
Another relatively reverent heavy metal remix, this time of Liszt's Csardas Macabre, S.224.

Dekkadeci

I've now published my first VGM medley!

The Legendary Air Ride March is a Sousa-esque march made virtually entirely of music from Kirby games. It can be listened to here. That's also where you can see the sheet music! If you want downloadable sheet music, ask me enough times and I'll put it on Google Drive.

(I finished working on this before JDMEK5 posted his arrangement of The Legendary Air Ride Machine. I realize that several of the harmonies are wrong, especially after The Legendary Air Ride Machine has looped once.)

Dekkadeci

If you like music that isn't from video games, I've made a concert paraphrase (a spicy piano transcription) of J. C. Heed's march In Storm and Sunshine here! You can take it significantly slower than I indicate.

Dekkadeci

If you like music that is from video games, I've made an arrangement of Necrodeus and his Skull Gang's themes! It's called Skull Ganged Up On, and you can listen to it here.

EDIT: If you like heavy corruptions of music that isn't from video games, I arranged Rossini's La Danza into sonata-allegro form a long time ago, called it La Sonata Danza, and published it today here. Thing is, it's now in E minor instead of A minor...and it's impossible to play for solo piano.

Dekkadeci

If you care that I just released an arrangement of a Christmas song in the summer, I've published Sleigh Ride Galop today! Leroy Anderson's wintertime hit is now in the style of a galop, and you can listen to it and get the sheet music here.

Dekkadeci

If you like UnderTale music, I've got a big jazzy medley of them in MegaloTalia here! ...Alright, there are two non-UnderTale songs in that piece...

Dekkadeci

You'd be surprised how many heavy metal remixes of classical music exist. To join them, I've published a metal remix of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 30, Op. 109, Movement 2 here! Yes, this is one of his short, fast pieces. I apologize in advance for how bad the Musescore version's instruments sound.

Dekkadeci

Probably one of the most eccentric arrangements I've ever done--the Peppa'd Pig Blues here is a 12-bar blues version of the Peppa Pig theme by Julian Nott!

Dekkadeci

If you like UnderTale music, The Polka of Your Best Friend here is another energetic medley of them!

Onionleaf

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to your genre mash-ups, thanks for sharing. :) It must be quite a bit of work to re-arrange pieces in this way, but the results at least are very entertaining.

Dekkadeci

...Yeah, I'm offbeat sometimes. Transcribing a boss theme of an unreleased indie video game would be one of those times. Listen to my transcription of the "Dangerous Enemy" boss theme of the under-development game "Elysian Quest" here!

Dekkadeci

My first time arranging a piece for anything resembling a concert band is here. That would be Chopin's Prelude in C Minor you're listening to (Op. 28, No. 20).

Dekkadeci

My first piano duo publication is here--and it's a timely one: O Come, All Ye Faithful!

Dekkadeci

Real Faction composes a wide variety of music, and I've published a transcription of one of his ambient chiptunes today - The Dark Journey!

Real Faction Original:

Dekkadeci

Like more virtuoso arrangements? Try Vladimir Horowitz Would Be Proud on for size! You might never have heard of the piece it's based on, though...