NSM Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dekkadeci's Medleys, Unfaithful Arrangements, and Non-VGM Transcriptions  (Read 1486 times)

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

I have relatively few medleys, unfaithful arrangements, and transcriptions of non-video game music, so I'll be posting sporadically here at best. I do have an idea for a new, not-created-yet unfaithful arrangement, though...

Again, I'll slowly publish them on Musescore. You can listen to my works on Musescore's website (the audio will not be mastered there). These medleys and unfaithful arrangements may contain bridging melodies I wholly composed as well as music based on the source material (that isn't precisely the source material). I will not be publishing my pieces in order of arrangement. If enough of you request downloadable files, I'll start stocking up my Google Drive.

Arrangements on Musescore
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/sets/2271631

Transcriptions on Musescore
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/sets/2205296 (Also contains piano transcriptions of video game music)

Medleys
The Legendary Air Ride March
It's The Legendary Air Ride Machine...if it were forced into march form and paired with a trio made of music from Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Skull Ganged Up On
Necrodeus's and his Skull Gang's themes sound rather similar, and this arrangement combines them into one virtuoso showpiece.

MegaloTalia
A high-octane jazz medley of nearly all UnderTale pieces, this is rather like Megalovania in the style of Dummy!...with Hopes and Dreams woven in.

The Polka of Your Best Friend
A high-octane medley of all UnderTale pieces, this swift polka mashes up Your Best Friend, Bergentr├╝ckung, and more.

Blazing Fast Battle - Divine Protection Required
This heavy metal remix of pieces from Fire Emblem Gaiden is so blazing fast, regular protection will not do.

Prism of Delight
This sonata-allegro on the Prism Plains theme from Kirby: Squeak Squad and "Victory's Delight" from Bravely Default was written for Arrangement Contest No. 8 in B# "Mix"olydian "Amalgamation".

Unfaithful Arrangements
Variations on Holst's Thaxted
A reverent double theme and variations on Gustav Holst's hymn tune Thaxted (a.k.a. the central theme of "Jupiter" from The Planets), this starts off slowly and gracefully with a faithful (enough) version of the hymn but gradually builds to a climax. The climax breaks at Bar 104, and the piece ends mystically and quietly.

La Sonata Danza
It's Gioacchino Rossini's song La Danza...but in E minor instead of A minor, forced into sonata-allegro form, and now technically impossible to play for solo piano. Shucks.

Sleigh Ride Galop
A fun rearrangement of Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride in the style of a galop. ...Got taken out by a copyright strike, sadly.

Peppa'd Pig Blues
It's the 12-bar blues...version of the Peppa Pig theme!

O Come, All Ye Faithful (Piano Duo Arrangement)
I'd say that typical arrangements of Christmas carols don't end with march variations, unlike this version.

Vladimir Horowitz Would Be Proud
Unless you've played through "Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course", you've probably never heard of Willard A. Palmer, Morton Manus, or Amanda Vick Lethco. Nevertheless, this is an virtuosic Liszt-style arrangement of a scherzo of theirs.

Klein Kirby Invention
Ever noticed how much the Cookie Country 1 theme of Kirby's Return to Dream Land sounds like Bach's Little Fugue in G Minor at one point? If you did, this Baroque-style arrangement of the Cookie Country 1 theme is for you!

Non-VGM Transcriptions
In Storm and Sunshine (Concert Paraphrase)
John Clifford Heed's hit march In Storm and Sunshine finally has a piano transcription! ...At least if you respect only the first repeats. Second repeats stop becoming faithful and start becoming devilishly virtuosic.

Elysian Quest OST Track #6 - Dangerous Enemy (Boss)
Composed by OMMAIGADD, this is a piano transcription of a boss theme of the under-development, unreleased video game "Elysian Quest".

Prelude in C Minor, Op. 28, No. 20 (Chopin) (Band Arrangement)
The unusual instrumentation is due to its genesis as an arrangement for a contest, but this is otherwise a fairly standard concert band-like arrangement of Chopin's famous prelude. The flute generally plays one octave higher than anything in the original sheet music.

The Dark Journey
Composed by Real Faction, this is a piano transcription of an ambient chiptune loop, easy to put in your video games. Perhaps the video games' characters are lost in the twilit snow...

Metal Remixes
Piano Sonata No. 30, Op. 109, Movement 2 (Beethoven) (Metal Remix)
This heavy metal remix of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 30, Op. 109, Movement 2 attempts to keep it reverent...but how reverent can metal remixes of classical music be by default?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:56:06 AM by Dekkadeci »

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

I've now published my first VGM medley!

The Legendary Air Ride March is a Sousa-esque march made virtually entirely of music from Kirby games. It can be listened to here. That's also where you can see the sheet music! If you want downloadable sheet music, ask me enough times and I'll put it on Google Drive.

(I finished working on this before JDMEK5 posted his arrangement of The Legendary Air Ride Machine. I realize that several of the harmonies are wrong, especially after The Legendary Air Ride Machine has looped once.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:07:17 AM by Dekkadeci »

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

If you like music that isn't from video games, I've made a concert paraphrase (a spicy piano transcription) of J. C. Heed's march In Storm and Sunshine here! You can take it significantly slower than I indicate.

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

If you like music that is from video games, I've made an arrangement of Necrodeus and his Skull Gang's themes! It's called Skull Ganged Up On, and you can listen to it here.

EDIT: If you like heavy corruptions of music that isn't from video games, I arranged Rossini's La Danza into sonata-allegro form a long time ago, called it La Sonata Danza, and published it today here. Thing is, it's now in E minor instead of A minor...and it's impossible to play for solo piano.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:47:33 AM by Dekkadeci »

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

If you care that I just released an arrangement of a Christmas song in the summer, I've published Sleigh Ride Galop today! Leroy Anderson's wintertime hit is now in the style of a galop, and you can listen to it and get the sheet music here.

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

If you like UnderTale music, I've got a big jazzy medley of them in MegaloTalia here! ...Alright, there are two non-UnderTale songs in that piece...

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dekkadeci's Medleys, Unfaithful Arrangements, and Non-VGM Transcriptions
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 03:52:51 AM »

You'd be surprised how many heavy metal remixes of classical music exist. To join them, I've published a metal remix of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 30, Op. 109, Movement 2 here! Yes, this is one of his short, fast pieces. I apologize in advance for how bad the Musescore version's instruments sound.

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 04:03:03 AM »

Probably one of the most eccentric arrangements I've ever done--the Peppa'd Pig Blues here is a 12-bar blues version of the Peppa Pig theme by Julian Nott!

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »

If you like UnderTale music, The Polka of Your Best Friend here is another energetic medley of them!

Onionleaf

• Birdo's Ballet
  • Flutter~ish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 09:46:39 AM »

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to your genre mash-ups, thanks for sharing. :) It must be quite a bit of work to re-arrange pieces in this way, but the results at least are very entertaining.
It's your friendly, neighbourhood Onionleaf! (Almost as friendly as Zeta!)

Click me for sheets!

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 05:45:46 AM »

...Yeah, I'm offbeat sometimes. Transcribing a boss theme of an unreleased indie video game would be one of those times. Listen to my transcription of the "Dangerous Enemy" boss theme of the under-development game "Elysian Quest" here!

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 05:05:36 AM »

My first time arranging a piece for anything resembling a concert band is here. That would be Chopin's Prelude in C Minor you're listening to (Op. 28, No. 20).

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 06:47:59 AM »

My first piano duo publication is here--and it's a timely one: O Come, All Ye Faithful!

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 04:33:04 AM »

Real Faction composes a wide variety of music, and I've published a transcription of one of his ambient chiptunes today - The Dark Journey!

Real Faction Original:

Dekkadeci

• Ballad of the Belmonts
    • View Profile
    • Email

Like more virtuoso arrangements? Try Vladimir Horowitz Would Be Proud on for size! You might never have heard of the piece it's based on, though...
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.