News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Dekkadeci's Compositions

Started by Dekkadeci, June 11, 2016, 09:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekkadeci

I'm putting this in a separate post to notify you all: I like messing around with established musical forms, including fusing two forms together.

The Other Ragtime March is one such fusion of musical forms, where I blend march form and ragtime texture (and arguably form, as rag forms are influenced by march forms). You can view and listen to it here.

EDIT: I published two of my pieces today--one earlier piece and one later piece. The Sonatina in C Major ("Pastorale") here is the earlier piece, while Fraught Forest (Special Level Theme) here is the later piece. Fraught Forest is a dark forest level theme that you can rearrange and put in your game if you want.

Dekkadeci

I published another earlier piece today--the Sonatina in F Major ("Classical") here, for all your "sounds-just-like-composers-from-the-Classical-period" needs.

Dekkadeci

Yet another of my earlier pieces is one of my incomplete piano sonatas, "Scherzando". You can see all its complete movements here and read about the movements in the OP.

Dekkadeci

Finally, another piece that isn't for solo piano! The Daring March is here and is in unconventional instrumentation for a march! ...Yeah, a complete lack of percussion parts makes this sound less like a march than it could.

...Oh yeah, it's also one of my earlier pieces (though one I've revised).

Dekkadeci

Another fusion of musical forms I've composed is the Sonata-Rag here! This time, it's a rag in sonata-allegro form, complete with ragtime's relentlessly repeated sections and the sonata-allegro's use of development.

Dekkadeci

Still another of my earlier pieces is an incomplete piano suite, the Suite in E Flat. You can see all its complete movements here and read about the movements in the OP.

EDIT: I've published one of my most experimental pieces today--Kids On the Monkey Bars here! Normally, my sense of tonality isn't that fuzzy, but the kids are bad at singing...

Dekkadeci

Still another of my earlier pieces is an incomplete piano sonata, "Cosmos". You can see all its complete movements here and read about the movements in the OP.

Dekkadeci

I don't just compose fast songs--this is a funeral march I've published today! It's in B flat minor.

EDIT: If you actually want more dissonant and unpleasant-sounding music from me, I've published the Alien Briar Rag today here!

Dekkadeci

Want another atypical rag? The Unseelie Rag here is an atypically fast rag!

...Want to hear what I can do with exactly 100 notes? Listen to the Angry Dance here! It's very short, though...

mikey

HEATHEN
THOU SHALT PLAY RAGTIME AT 80 BPM AND NO MORE
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm sensing a lot of inspiration from Beethoven's Op. 26 on the funeral march.
IMO, it's one of the few pieces of yours that your very heavy writing style works well for. Nicely done :)
what is shitpost

Dekkadeci

If you want to hear me try out composing song-like pieces, the Song Without Words No. 1 here isn't a bad start!

Oronoco

I see what you mean when you say it reminds you of Christmas. It's so festive, and I can see all sorts of people in fuzzy coats at a shopping mall in December looking in all the windows for Christmas presents.

It's really nice to wrap up something that you've had in your head for a long time, isn't it?
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

My same criticisms. Your somewhat okay melody is drowned out by thick, heavy chords. That works well in things like funeral marches, but not stuff like this.
what is shitpost

Dekkadeci

Want to hear a song I composed under contest-related time pressures? Listen to King Thrushbeard here, which was composed for https://musescore.com/groups/soloinstrumentchampionships/discuss/2653921!