News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

NSM Sound Utilities [April 2, 2017]

Started by PetrifiedLasagna, June 09, 2016, 10:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetrifiedLasagna

I have got a new tool for you guys. This is basically a bpm tool that is similar to all8, except this is already integrated into an SMForum. Checkout the live demo (along with virtuoso) to see it in action!

Special thanks to Sebastian for the awesome name ;D

NSMetronome: (Live Demo - nsmdevsite)

E. Gadd Industries

That looks awesome! It works great on mobile!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

PetrifiedLasagna

I figured I should show you guys the latest update for virtuoso and what it is capable of, so I created another video.

I am probably going to create a thread just for people to ask to have midis formatted so they will have the correct result. It looks to me like Finale will only split parts up by each part, instead of by stave.

Also, I think I may know a way to prevent playback from pausing when the window/tab is inactive. Also also... I am thinking it's about time for me to take a break and focus on arranging again. Although if you guys happen to come across a critical (app breaking) bug, I will definitely get right on it ;)

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 31, 2016, 05:09:13 AMThat looks awesome! It works great on mobile!

Thanks for testing it out on mobile! I wasn't sure if my code would work on that platform.

Sebastian

PetrifiedLasagna

Minor update for virtuoso. I added pedal (sustain) feedback so that it is possible to know when the sustain is being used in a song. It does not affect the outputted sound yet, but I plan on doing that when I start reworking the sound engine for more realistic and clearly discernible playback. That means studying the dynamics of string acoustics and more specifically piano... Yeah!  ;)

Here is a screen shot of what the indicator looks like (when it is off).

It turns on/off depending on the event received, and will even turn off at the end of a song if it is still on.

WaluigiTime64

Just a little concern over NSMetronome. Because All8 is literally taking forever to load (it's loading right now), I decided to use NSMetronome instead. However, when I pressed the link, I ended up here:

Big Images

[close]

Also the URL in the website mentions "CPU limit reached". Is there any reason why I'm sent there? I checked both links (the post introducing it and the OP), and both did the same thing.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 20, 2016, 01:17:56 PMJust a little concern over NSMetronome. Because All8 is literally taking forever to load (it's loading right now), I decided to use NSMetronome instead. However, when I pressed the link, I ended up here:

Big Images

[close]

Also the URL in the website mentions "CPU limit reached". Is there any reason why I'm sent there? I checked both links (the post introducing it and the OP), and both did the same thing.

hmm... yeah, I have to talk to Sebastian about what should be done since it is the service provider that is causing it. I am not sure if it is a monthly or if it is a trial that expires once so many resources have been used. I can upload the tool to my domain for the time being. I'll get that done right now.

Also, first post in almost a month! I told everyone I am liable to vanish  ;)

EDIT:
Okay, NSMetronome is once again live.
http://notebookinc.byethost15.com/js/nsmetronome/

PetrifiedLasagna

Regarding midi exports for playback in virtuoso, in order to get the expected number of different channels(colors) during playback, you have to go into the "score manager" in finale/notepad and change the channels of the parts that you want to differentiate. Then you can save it as a midi.

Although, from my experience this will mess up the dynamics unless you assign a copy to each individual part. I could just be doing something wrong though.

E. Gadd Industries

Does Virtuoso work for anyone here? It's stuck in the "Initializing" screen for me.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

PetrifiedLasagna

Horay, I finally came back... and with an update to virtuoso!

Here is the changelog for this version

- Added play/stop buttons
- Added time slider
- Sound playback enhanced and made more realistic
- Lots of optimizations and bug fixes
- Actually counted the number of changes and categorized them...

One thing that I am happy to say is that by changing the midi note engine I was able to get rid of that horrible popping sound that was occurring when notes we stopped. Hope you all enjoy it!  :)

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 28, 2017, 07:26:31 AMMuch excite!!
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 28, 2017, 09:28:53 AMYeyyyyyy

haha
Much excite, such Yeyyyyyy, Wow.
- Doge

I just had to write that!

This next update is brought to you by pure unadulterated math.

And let me just say that I love it. For this update I added some pitch based volume scaling, i.e. higher notes are quieter than lower notes. This way, the lower harder to hear notes can bleed through the sharper higher pitched ones.

Also, if you are curious, the graph in the picture is the formula (purple line) that I spent a couple hours trying to figure out so that I could get this update out to all you wonderful folk. ;)

Dudeman

Sometimes I think I'm smart. And then PetrifiedLasagna posts.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Ok, first of all, great job.
2 things I noticed:
#1 - Percussion tracks go straight to piano which sound really strange
#2 - If you go out of the tab for a while when it's still playing the music stops. Going back in causes hilarious results and also slowed it down permanently for me once.