News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Let's Play Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Started by mikey, July 28, 2017, 11:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I'm doing this thing since I liked Alti's a lot I wanted to try one.  Here we go.

Prologue

We open on a scene of a raft crossing the ocean in the midst of a raging thunderstorm.

It me.  Things aren't looking too good...

Suddenly, my raft is blown apart by a lightning bolt! AAAAAAAAAH!

Are you Zelda?  At any rate, this beachgoing brunette finds me while strolling along the beach.  She shakes me for a bit and the camera pans up toward the sky where we see...

Dadadadaaa!

I wake up in a cozy house with that girl from the beach watching over me.  Some fat dude is here too.

What a relief!  I thought you'd never wake up!  You were tossing and turning...  What?  Zelda?  No, my name's Marin!  You must still be feeling a little woozy.  You are on Koholint Island.

Thanks, Marin.  So now what?  I hop out of bed and talk to her again.

Follow the lane south to reach the beach where I found you.  Since you washed ashore, lots of nasty monsters have been in the area, so be careful, okay?

Sounds like a plan.  Before we go, I want to talk to the fat guy.

Well, Link, ya finally snapped out of it...  Name's Tarin...

But how do you know my name?

Hope yer feelin' better... What?  How did I know your name?  You think it's weird eh?  Well, I saw it on the back of this shield!

I step outside the house and follow a small dirt path past a few houses where I see (strangely) a Chain Chomp?  I do a flip off a few cliffs and end up on the beach.  Marin wasn't kidding about the monsters, they're everywhere!  After combing the beach I stumble across something in the water.

Before I can grab it, however, an owl swoops out of nowhere and starts talking to me.  Weirdo.

Hoot!  Hoot!  So you are the lad who owns the sword...  Now I understand why the monsters are starting to act so violently...

Is it because they're afraid of me, or because monsters are inherently violent?

A courageous lad has come to wake the Wind Fish...

I don't think I'm supposed to be here, I was just enjoying a cruise and ended up here by accident.

It is said that you cannot leave the island unless you wake the Wind Fish...  You should now go north, to the Mysterious Forest.  I will wait for you there!  Hoot!

I guess I'm waking the Wind Fish then.  Huzzah, a quest awaits!

But first...

The sword.

End of Prologue

PS Main chapters will be longer than the prologue
unmotivated