News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Issues with chatroom

Started by Egnio, June 26, 2008, 05:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egnio

Due to recent events, discussions, drama and etc, getting another mod seems to not have been enough. So, I'm just suggesting to implement DSP's chatroom's rules, which seem simple enough to follow.

Quote from: SephyThe chatroom, which in reality is just a Java applet to access a specific channel on a certain IRC network, is not part of the main site or the forums.

While I'm very tolerant with people in the forums, the IRC channel has completely different rules. On a forum, people can just skip posts from people that aren't very bright. On a chatroom, they can't. If you're annoying the majority of the users of the chatroom, you will be kicked.

Therefore, I have an advice for you; if you are a complete moron, stick to the forums. Because the second you get in the chatroom and act like one expect to be:
a) Ignored
b) Made fun of
c) Kicked several times
d) Permanently banned

The chatroom is not PG-13, people can swear in there and they can also hold conversations about things you find obscene. Basically, if you can't handle it or if don't like it, stay out of there.

Replace Shnaps with Jamaha and you got it. #nsm rules.
<Blizz>   [17:00:00] <Blizz> ♥ Harvest ♥

Harvest

-

KefkaticFanatic

I hope this also explains most of our reaction to certain members.

me irl
[close]

Egnio

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 26, 2008, 07:19:53 PMI hope this also explains most of our reaction to certain members.

Don't use it as an excuse either. It's not your duty as a civilian being an ass.

KefkaticFanatic

It isn't my excuse, its my reason.  You just don't hang around enough to know why I do what I do.  You only see the actions.

me irl
[close]

Egnio

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 26, 2008, 07:56:48 PMIt isn't my excuse, its my reason.  You just don't hang around enough to know why I do what I do.  You only see the actions.

So you actually admit you're an ass.

This is gold.

Now, seriously. There's never the need to be like that, specially when mods are around.

KefkaticFanatic

Of course I do.  People that act like some do deserve to be flamed and/or banned.

That is also why #drshnaps doesn't have people like that.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

The main problem with the chat is the lack of a perma ban feature.

Zeta keeps unbanning everyone only 1 hour after they're banned, hardly enough time for them to learn their lesson.

Some people need to stay out forever, and let in if I decide to give them a chance.   Zeta is holding us back...I say we murder her.
-

KefkaticFanatic

Or change it so she doesn't unban?

me irl
[close]

Harvest

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 26, 2008, 08:42:59 PMOr change it so she doesn't unban?

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but murder sounds so much better.

I'll ask JaMaHa in the morning.
-

Egnio

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 26, 2008, 08:36:12 PMThat is also why #drshnaps doesn't have people like that.

You don't know Lexonton_Bot, do you?

KefkaticFanatic

Nobody is anywhere near as bad as the people we have now.  And I know you're going to make some snide comment about how that person is me, well fuck off.

me irl
[close]

Egnio

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 26, 2008, 11:43:25 PMAnd I know you're going to make some snide comment about how that person is me, well fuck off.

I don't need to make a side comment. You're already doing my work :P

Dude

Quote from: Egnio on June 26, 2008, 05:33:10 PMDue to recent events, discussions, drama and etc, getting another mod seems to not have been enough. So, I'm just suggesting to implement DSP's chatroom's rules, which seem simple enough to follow.

Quote from: SephyThe chatroom, which in reality is just a Java applet to access a specific channel on a certain IRC network, is not part of the main site or the forums.

While I'm very tolerant with people in the forums, the IRC channel has completely different rules. On a forum, people can just skip posts from people that aren't very bright. On a chatroom, they can't. If you're annoying the majority of the users of the chatroom, you will be kicked.

Therefore, I have an advice for you; if you are a complete moron, stick to the forums. Because the second you get in the chatroom and act like one expect to be:
a) Ignored
b) Made fun of
c) Kicked several times
d) Permanently banned

The chatroom is not PG-13, people can swear in there and they can also hold conversations about things you find obscene. Basically, if you can't handle it or if don't like it, stay out of there.

Replace Shnaps with Jamaha and you got it. #nsm rules.
Yes, everything in that quote should be enforced. If you don't want to have your feelings hurt, leave. It's as simple as that.

EDIT: I think I screwed up on wording my post  :-\

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Egnio on June 27, 2008, 09:37:58 AMI don't need to make a side comment. You're already doing my work :P

snide*

But go ahead.

me irl
[close]