WaluigiTime64's Compositions: Generic Grass (Main) WAV

Started by WaluigiTime64, May 27, 2016, 04:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 10, 2017, 05:28:55 PMI should probably use more (unpitched) percussion in my songs. Gives a better sense of rhythm.
Or pitched but way off XD could be interesting!

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 10, 2017, 05:28:55 PMOriginal Compositions:
 - Generic East (Map): WAV
I like this one a lot! Really gets a good east vibe across. Depends what you're going for but using some Asian scales for chords and harmony stuff will help with the eastern feel. Try the Yo scale (my fav).
innit

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on February 11, 2017, 03:55:09 AMDepends what you're going for but using some Asian scales for chords and harmony stuff will help with the eastern feel. Try the Yo scale (my fav).
I might try out a few for later Generic East songs.

Two more map themes, except from the same world:

Original Compositions:
 - Generic Ocean (Map 1): WAV
 - Generic Ocean (Map 2): WAV

All of these map themes are going to give off as much atmosphere as I can possibly make them. (Map 1) is a bit weird, because it mixes beach and old-timey town together, while (Map 2) might've overdone it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

AmpharosAndy

I prefer map 2 for some reason.... maybe it's more map-like? Also, have you ever used a minor chord 2? I feel like that might be a waluigitime staple.
innit

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on February 12, 2017, 03:32:05 AMAlso, have you ever used a minor chord 2? I feel like that might be a waluigitime staple.
Generic Ocean has always had that major chord 2. Only in a complete minor key arrangement would it have a minor chord 2.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Woah, it's been ages:

Original Compositions:
 - Generic Space (Unknown Section): WAV

This actually doesn't relate to anything. It's purely to show off the motif. Despite that, I think it's one of the most generic mixes I've ever made, which is oddly fitting. It's also very different from the rest of the songs.

WaluigiTime64

Something about chiptune:

Original Compositions:
 - Fire Stage (Unused): WAV

My first FamiTracker creation. The composition was actually made a while ago for this exact purpose, but I hadn't gotten around to it until just now.

For the record, I probably won't make very many FamiTracker pieces, simply because I'd rather be somewhat unique, and I feel like there's only so much I can do with chiptune before it becomes repetitive.

WaluigiTime64

Turns out I didn't get bored of it that quickly:

Original Compositions:
 - Generic Grass (Main): CHIP

Really shows the difference in quality from when I first made a FamiTracker piece. I tried for the extremely generic "retro-inspired indie game" feel.

cashwarrior1

Woah, this is amazing! why is everyone better at making music than me?

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 19, 2017, 07:21:03 PMWoah, this is amazing!
:D Thank you!

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 19, 2017, 07:21:03 PMwhy is everyone better at making music than me?
Don't say that. Just keep doing it and you'll get somewhere. This isn't my second chiptune project, it's probably my 7th, so it didn't just come "naturally".

LeviR.star

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 19, 2017, 07:21:03 PMwhy is everyone better at making music than me?

Don't feel bad, Cash; I'm pretty bad.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

I love this one. It reminds me of kirby more than anything else, very bouncy, boopy and quick. Good stuff.

For some reason, in the few bars from 1:16-1:21, my ear wants the bass to chromatically descend by semitones (regardless of harmonies). Seems like it might be fun?
innit

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on June 04, 2017, 12:14:59 PMI love this one. It reminds me of kirby more than anything else, very bouncy, boopy and quick. Good stuff.
Thanks!

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on June 04, 2017, 12:14:59 PMFor some reason, in the few bars from 1:16-1:21, my ear wants the bass to chromatically descend by semitones (regardless of harmonies). Seems like it might be fun?
I had a look at this. The problem was that it made the triangle sound a bit more prominent than it's supposed to be in that section, and it added more fast notes which altered the flow a bit. I actually agree, in that my ear also felt that some bits would've been better sliding down, but that happened.

WaluigiTime64

Wow it's been a while. As in a few months "a while". Well here's another motif:

Original Compositions:
 - Generic Desert (Main): WAV

I had fun making this. Probably doesn't really give the atmosphere off quite correctly in some parts but hopefully it still sounds like a desert somewhere. Really it's supposed to be more "deserted area" than "desert", but eh whatever.
This piece was composed with the idea of "How can I make transcribers/arrangers annoyed?" but I didn't change up the drums as much I should've. In a chiptune version of this I have lying around there's a section with 12/8 drums, a section with alternating 6/8 and 3/4 drums, and a section with 3/4 drums. Either way some of the rhythms in this piece should still annoy people.

Maybe I might make more stuff soon, I dunno.

FireArrow

I really like the rhytmic motif you've got going. Also I don't know what you're talking about, you capture the mood so well in this piece. Like, really fucking well please tell me your seccret.

My only critque is development. After the B section my ear was kind of dissapointed when you just restated the A section multiple times without changing too much. When the climactic sections came in it felt kind of weak - ending and starting on the same pitch isn't very strong, picardy third or not. Although it does give it a sort of droning, never ending journey feel if that's what you were going for. Relic Castle is a really good example of this.

sorry for nerding out with bad advice ;3

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2017, 01:22:55 AMI really like the rhytmic motif you've got going. Also I don't know what you're talking about, you capture the mood so well in this piece. Like, really fucking well please tell me your seccret.
Ah I'm flattered... There is no secret though. I just threw stuff at a metaphorical wall XD.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2017, 01:22:55 AMMy only critque is development. After the B section my ear was kind of dissapointed when you just restated the A section multiple times without changing too much. When the climactic sections came in it felt kind of weak - ending and starting on the same pitch isn't very strong, picardy third or not. Although it does give it a sort of droning, never ending journey feel if that's what you were going for. Relic Castle is a really good example of this.
Yeah the development of the piece is rubbish and I noticed that as I was making it. I didn't really know what to do with the sections so I just left it to the excuse you wrote of a "droning, never ending journey", which I began to like after a while.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2017, 01:22:55 AMsorry for nerding out with bad advice ;3
Nonono I'm glad you decided to say something. Thank you.