JZ’s Arrangements - #14 (Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Main Title Theme)

Started by MomoQca, May 26, 2016, 01:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MomoQca

Xenoblade Chronicles
. . . . . Agniratha, Mechonis Capital [ON SITE]
. . . . . Prison Island [ON SITE]
. . . . . Riki the Legendary Heropon [MIDI] [MP3] [PDF] [MuseScore]

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
. . . . . Beyond the Sky (Acoustic Arrangement) [ON SITE]

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
. . . . . One Last You (Piano Arrange) [MIDI] [MP3] [PDF] [MuseScore]
. . . . . The Past Revealed [MIDI] [MP3] [PDF] [MuseScore]
. . . . . Sea of Clouds [ON SITE]
. . . . . The Tomorrow With You [ON SITE]

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
. . . . . Main Title Theme [MUSX] [PDF]

Xenoblade Chronicles X
. . . . . no2=THEMEX [MIDI] [MP3] [PDF] [MuseScore]
. . . . . no4=D91M (Requiem) [MuseScore]
. . . . . no9=MONOX [MIDI] [PDF]
. . . . . MNN+@0・ (Ma-non Ship (Day)) [ON SITE]
. . . . . X-BT1 (BLADE Barracks) [MIDI] [MP3] [PDF] [MuseScore]
. . . . . z15f20i12e09l14d (Vocals Only) [ON SITE]

Maelstrom

MomoQca

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 26, 2016, 07:34:32 PMWhy just the PDF?

Hi!

I'm a little bit confused by what you're saying. I probably should have clarified that I'm new at this and don't really know what to do. :X

Edit: Okay, I think I understand what you're saying now after looking other people's thread. I removed the link to my YouTube video (sounds like it's frowned upon here?) and added a link to the midi. Question: How do I convert to .mus and .musx?

Zeila

It's not frowned upon (as far as I know) as multiple people have youtube accounts with their own arrangements (and some of them post it here). People just usually link to the original soundtrack on youtube

Depending on what software you use to write out arrangements, you'll have to either
1) Export it as an XML file, then import into Finale (which is what we use; 2012 notepad is free). There will most likely be some formatting errors in result of that, so you'll have to either copy it into a template file or have someone else make the necessary changes
2) Write it out by hand on Finale if it can't export as an XML file. If you decide to write it out on MuseScore (which might be easier as it's a better free program than notepad), do step 1. Also, there's a Finale 2014 demo that's available for a month if you'd like to use it while you can

.MUSX is just the file type for Finale 2014

If you need help, well... there's a help section for template files or so people can do stuff like change key signatures in the middle of a song for you (as notepad can't)

Regarding the sheet itself, it sounds nice! But the vocal part kind of collides with the piano part, and since someone is going to be singing that part in lieu of playing it separately on the piano, you should use another instrument for it (like a voice or perhaps an oboe, idk). Also the lyrics collide with the notes at times, you shouldn't use dotted rests when it's not in a compound time signature, and I think grace notes would look better than 32nd notes, but that's your choice

MomoQca

Poll time! PLEASE VOTE! :D Stealing Maelstrom's idea

This is late, but better late than never! Thanks Zeila for your critique/suggestion!

I'm going to make a solo piano arrangement for The Way and hopefully it can be submitted without a lot of issues. Then I plan on arranging Agniratha, Mechonis Capital. Then I'll focus on doing the song that gets the most vote!

MomoQca

Ugh! I just realized I didn't allow multiple votes. Is there a way to fix that? :/

MomoQca

Annnnd...the poll is closed! Between this and GameFAQS, the results were:

Tephra Cave
Gaur Plain (Night)
Alcamoth, Imperial Capital

Hometown

Frontier Village
Eryth Sea (Night)

Colony 9
Gaur Plain

The Fallen Land

And the winner is...drumroll, please!

Ending Theme - Beyond the Sky

Oronoco

Sorry I didn't get to vote, but the Ending Theme is an excellent choice. I'm really happy to see you arranging, and I'll be super-excited to hear it complete!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

MomoQca

Be on the lookout for an arrangement of Agniratha, Mechonis Capital. Hoping to share it with y'all'sicles real soon! :D

MomoQca

Finallyyyy! An update. :3

Formatting sucks. I need to gitgud.

Agniratha, Mechonis Capital
midi | PDF | Youtube

Maelstrom

I'd love to help you out with this if you want, but I'll need a .mus file.

MomoQca

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 30, 2017, 07:48:39 AMI'd love to help you out with this if you want, but I'll need a .mus file.

Sure! What can I do to get a .mus file? I used Musescore--as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't appear to offer such file type.

Maelstrom

Nvm, I'll just give you some basic feedback.

-First of all, you really need to incorporate some pedal.
-It sounded mostly accurate, but but the violin part in the intro is definitely the wrong rhythm. Maybe put that in a 2nd layer so it can co-exist with the chords?
-For the colliding note stems, you have two options - flip the the note stems in the RH (if you do, don't forget to flip the half notes as well) or you could increase the space between the staves. I can't help you on how to do either, as I've never used musescore.
-The 2nd tempo mark is floating.
-Page numbers at the top instead of the bottom of each page? It doesn't make sense how it is.

For the record, .mus files are finale files and can only opened or created with Finale.

MomoQca

I've made several other adjustments not noted by Maelstrom. Comments bolded.

[midi]
[PDF]

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 30, 2017, 11:19:08 AMNvm, I'll just give you some basic feedback.

-First of all, you really need to incorporate some pedal. Left this untouched since I don't know what to do. Should I incorporate text saying "con pedale" or should I individually add pedal markings? What do you recommend?
-It sounded mostly accurate, but but the violin part in the intro is definitely the wrong rhythm. Maybe put that in a 2nd layer so it can co-exist with the chords? Made adjustments in measures 8, 10, and 12. Anything else?
-For the colliding note stems, you have two options - flip the the note stems in the RH (if you do, don't forget to flip the half notes as well) or you could increase the space between the staves. I can't help you on how to do either, as I've never used musescore. Done
-The 2nd tempo mark is floating. Not sure what you meant by "floating." All I did was bring the tempo mark closer to the bar line.
-Page numbers at the top instead of the bottom of each page? It doesn't make sense how it is. Done

For the record, .mus files are finale files and can only opened or created with Finale.Gotchu

Maelstrom

For the pedal, idk if you can do this in musescore, but I add the ped markings and then hide them so I don't need to bother aligning them and add text. This way you get the playback, but without a lot of work.