News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The NSM Hot Bod Project: Geeks Working Out

Started by braix, May 14, 2016, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I'm at 168 apparently.  Gotta lose like 10 pounds then regain it as muscle
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Today's mile was 6:27 (I think. Give or take 2 seconds)
I was also drafted to do the 4x8 for the first time ever in my 2.(however long this season has been so far) seasons. I don't like relays >_<
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

I think I'd like 4x800
I did 4x200 back in the day but I'm just not a sprinter
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I can't sprint unless I'm in a runner's high
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Link to original post for reference.

I've been working out for six full months, and boy, do I not regret it one bit. I've made so much progress that I never thought I could make, working out twice a week (Tuesday/Friday). Here's my average workout, as of today:
Chest press: 4 sets of 10; 115 lbs.
Leg extensions: 4 sets of 10; 85 lbs.
Bicep curls: 4 sets of 5; 25 lbs. (each arm) / Tricep extension: 4 sets of 10; 30 lbs. (both arms)
Shoulder press: 4 sets of 10; 40 lbs. / Going to find some sort of other leg exercise to do on Fridays

And, exercises I do every day:
Sit-ups: 3 sets of 40. I alternate days with V-ups: 3 sets of 15.
Side planks: 3 sets, hold for 15 seconds.

Currently goals are to add 10 lbs. to both the chest press and leg extensions, get comfortable with doing 4 sets of 10 for the bicep curls at the same weight, get up to 40 lbs. for the tricep extensions (definitely my weakest point), get up to 60 lbs. with the shoulder press, and generally continue to improve on daily exercises, before I go back to school on the 26th (I'll probably take the first week of classes off so I can readjust, then hit the gym again).

Physically, I can definitely see a visible improvement in the way my body looks, and have gained around 15 lbs. (just got weighed at the doctor's office), reaching an all-time high weight of around 130 lbs.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Hey, that's pretty good! Congrats on your results, keep it up :D

I've also been getting stronger myself, increased my bench and squat by 15 kilos. I'm seeing a lot of progress in my legs especially which is nice.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

I'm about to start a new type of workout called a card workout. Basically, you assign a type of exercise to each suit & then you shuffle the cards & draw randomly; the suit you draw is the exercise you do, the number on the card is how many reps you do for it (you also place number values on Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks, and if you want, the Jokers). The idea is to try & go through all 52 cards
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Has a gym inside the dorm

*insert Bad Luck Brian here*

Machines are awful

So my options are:
1. Go down to the actual school gym (down a massive flight of stairs).
2. Do everything with free weights (dumbbells).

*frantically Googles how to do a free weight chest press*

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Just consider your walk to the school gym as part of your workout
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

I've lately just been focusing on strength gains > aesthetics/weight
Today I finally hit my goal of a 250lb(~113kg) deadlift and I'm super pumped :D

I think I can force myself to reach 290 before the end of this year

EDIT : Just hit 275lbs