News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[NDS] Magical Starsign - "Shadra Overworld" by chelastgamer55

Started by Zeta, May 12, 2016, 10:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Magical Starsign
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Shadra Overworld
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: chelastgamer55

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

Care to provide a YouTube link to this submit and your other one?
It just makes it easier on reviewers.
Thanks!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Yug_Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8eE-lhdZro&;

Most of the stuff I mentioned about your other submission are applicable to this one as well.

Otherwise, I think you should change the 8vb treble clef in the right hand to a bass clef. If you can't do that because of Finale Notepad or what have you, be sure to ask in this thread. Also be aware that the left & right hand clash at certain points; how you deal with that is up to you.

chelastgamer55

Ok, I also fixed the layout issues with this sheet. Right Hand got bass clef (yes, this is possible in Finale NotePad to change Cleffs, but it's quite annoying) and Left Hand was lowered one octave, to not clash with RH anymore and to sound more like the original. It also may also fit on one page, but I don't think, I can do this with Finale NotePad (with MuseScore it would be possible, but then it won't have the Finale-Layout). Maybe someone with Finale could help me with that. If there are any other things to improve, please let me know!

Yug_Guy

chelastgamer55

I fixed the little font issue and just requested help on the thread you send me. Anyway, thank you for helping me out!

Yug_Guy

Two things: The left staff got changed to a treble clef; it should be changed back to a bass clef. You have a portion of "Space Police" at the very end of the piece that you should probably get rid of.

Quote from: chelastgamer55 on May 13, 2016, 02:50:08 PMAnyway, thank you for helping me out!
No problem!

chelastgamer55

Should be fixed now (hopefully).

EDIT: It actually is not, but now I know where the problem was: I accidently saved and older version and uploaded that one. I'll fix tomorrow.

Another EDIT: everything seems allright. Finale Notepad is such a confusing software...

TheMarioPianist

Here is an updated file that has everything fit onto one page. Doing this required some features that aren't available in Notepad, so that isn't your fault. I also made some other small changes that were mainly for aesthetics or proper Finale playback; feel free to ask if you don't understand what I did.
Now, on to the notation. I only noticed one error throughout this arrangement, which occurred in measure 18. The first C in the right hand actually plays half a beat later than you have notated. The corrected measure should look like this:

While correcting this measure, I noticed another issue that appeared a few times in here. Originally, those last two notes in measure 18 had upward-facing stems. This also occurs on the last note of measure 10 and the first note of measure 11. Since these notes are above the middle staff line, are not connected to another note, and are not a second layer, they should have downward stems. To fix this, all you have to do is select the note and press "L" on your keyboard. Other than that, great arrangement! These are actually very minor critiques, so nice work!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

I'm on mobile so I can't see if TMP changed this or not, but you use a double dotted half note in measure 10. That would be helpful in other places too.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

chelastgamer55

First of all, thanks for helping, TMP. I fixed the upward facing notes and corrected that issue in measure 18.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 13, 2016, 08:42:51 PMI'm on mobile so I can't see if TMP changed this or not, but you use a double dotted half note in measure 10. That would be helpful in other places too.
Shoul I replace every possible note with a double dotted half note? Like this:

(example screenshotted in MuseScore, most things not corrected in this version)

TheMarioPianist

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. Double dotted half notes when possible would be a good idea.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

chelastgamer55

I replaced everything I could with double dotted half notes, but this seems to have corrupted the layout a bit and it's just not looking that good. Could someone with finale fix that (like you TMP)?

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: chelastgamer55 on May 15, 2016, 04:05:45 AMI replaced everything I could with double dotted half notes, but this seems to have corrupted the layout a bit and it's just not looking that good. Could someone with finale fix that (like you TMP)?
Sure thing, once I get home I'll edit this post with a link to the file.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle