News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Conspiratorial Pokemon Motifs

Started by MNchino, May 10, 2016, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNchino

Pokemon games, and many others repeat musical motifs a lot, but some of them seem bleak but intentional.  Here are two examples.

1:07 of Pokemon Sun/Moon opening theme
0:47-ish of Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Opening theme
(Yeah I know alll the openings sound the same, except this motif is exclusive to RSE.)

This is the one that drives me crazy.
All of Black 2 & White 2 Ending
First 6 seconds of Lumiose City from Pokemon X & Y
0:12-0:15 of Ferrum Stadium from Pokken Tournament
...and even
0:45 of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Main theme

Could this mean something...?  Something big.  Something huge.  Something massive.
And they're only building up to it.

or kudos to me, I noticed something :D

mikey

pokemon and sonic at the 2020 olympic games would be my guess
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Quote from: MNchino on May 10, 2016, 05:27:59 PM1:07 of Pokemon Sun/Moon opening theme
The public has yet never received this. You're referring to a fanmade version, which quite frankly, frustrates me.

Unless I should have gone to check out all your examples, repeating motives is a thing literally everyone does. The first and main iteration of said motif is often called the "Main Theme". I'm going to stop here.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Pretty sure he was referring to the theme from the announcement video yesterday. Yeah all the title screen themes are more or less the same, but I noticed that part was taken from the Hoenn version too.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Frankly, I would be shocked if they didn't use the Pokémon motif in the first big announcement video for a new game. (Especially those from main series)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26