News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

InsigTurtle

NSM after dark

dim those lights, turn up that smooth jazz

but yeah, people've been goin' on about how oh shit it's lit is gonna be the tiger in the chinese zodiac, going off of that thing where they associate every fire type with a zodiac animal. i think that could be a very real possibility, since oh shit it's lit has that marking on its forehead, which resembles the mark on a tiger's forehead, which the chinese say looks like the word 王, which means king. so i'm speculating that oh shit it's lit might evolve into some royal tiger thing as its final evolution.

also, i don't remember that pokemon's name, so i'm just going to call it "oh shit it's lit"

DocDoom2

Why don't we stick to Pokemon News instead of that stuff about art? :P
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

InsigTurtle

these are very important matters that could affect the future of our nation

cashwarrior1

The next news we'll be getting is Corocoro then E3.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Altissimo on May 10, 2016, 02:06:08 PMI can't say I get this. RBY looked pretty much identical to GSC. RSE looked a lot like FRLG. DPP and HGSS looked alike, and similar to BW(2). All the games released on any one system are going to look alike by default. What else do you want?

There's still room for that!

With the exception of BW2 (Since it was part of the same gen and also a direct sequel), the same system, new game titles added at least something to make the visuals distinctive. Heck, full Stereoscopic 3D support would be good enough for me if it didn't lag the game to single digit framerates. I'm just being overly cautious since I really don't want to feel like a truck hit me hard when I buy the game for myself after getting super hyped for months non-stopped. I did that with ORAS and it practically sent me into a depression of sorts due to me spending 2014 being very eager to play the game and have a good time like I did with HGSS, Emerald, and BW2. On the bright side, being overly cautious means if the game ends up actually being the best in the series with nothing held back, then that'll mean I'll be SUPER surprised and happy as my expectations would be blown away.

I hope we learn more info soon that eases my worries, but its hard not to be on edge, even if I had a kneejerk reaction at first I still firmly believe every word I said, at least regarding the content from the English trailer. (JPN trailer would have been much better to show worldwide IMO and wouldn't have made me as mad)

If everyone continues to nag me over my brutally honest opinion of justice, then I'll at least say to hopefully quiet people down and to prove that I'm just doing this for my own sanity is that I'll mention one thing I'm super excited to hear confirmed: Trainer Customization returning. THANK GOD. That "It's a Kalos thing" BS from ORAS's launch made me think it would be in the same category as having Pokemon follow you, but I'm happy to be proven wrong on that.

...Unless this is proof of Kalos returning in the game, which in that case means Gen VIII or a DP remake may not have this. Argh, another thing to be cautious about.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 10, 2016, 07:10:07 PMThe next news we'll be getting is Corocoro then E3.

I don't know, Corocoro may just be a repeat of today's news, which is why they made the broadcast early so that it wouldn't get leaked. E3 is even more unlikely since it's Zelda focused with no digital event. I'm placing bets on the VGC Worlds event.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

I think we'll get some more art in Corocoro, probs of the trainers and legendaries. Maybe another Pokemon or two, if lucky.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Altissimo

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 10, 2016, 07:11:39 PMWith the exception of BW2 (Since it was part of the same gen and also a direct sequel), the same system, new game titles added at least something to make the visuals distinctive. Heck, full Stereoscopic 3D support would be good enough for me if it didn't lag the game to single digit framerates. I'm just being overly cautious since I really don't want to feel like a truck hit me hard when I buy the game for myself after getting super hyped for months non-stopped. I did that with ORAS and it practically sent me into a depression of sorts due to me spending 2014 being very eager to play the game and have a good time like I did with HGSS, Emerald, and BW2. On the bright side, being overly cautious means if the game ends up actually being the best in the series with nothing held back, then that'll mean I'll be SUPER surprised and happy as my expectations would be blown away.

We've seen like 5 minutes of footage though that's the thing there is still a lot that could happen...

Dudeman

leaked starter battle footage

[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Wow, these graphics are so realistic!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro

BrainyLucario

Isn't there going to be a new type in pokemon Sun and Moon? E. Gadd keeps going on about this Quantum type.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dude

I doubt it.

The metagame of gen VI is pretty balanced right now iirc so there is no need to change it up.

Olimar12345

Quote from: BrainyLucario on May 11, 2016, 05:58:29 AMIsn't there going to be a new type in pokemon Sun and Moon? E. Gadd keeps going on about this Quantum type.

Lol he's full of shit.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Adding a new type at this point would be disastrous, aside from being just plain stupid. Like Dude said, the metagame is fairly balanced at this point. Adding a new type would require new moves, new matchups, new retyping...not to mention it would make Sun/Moon incompatible with every other one of the 3DS titles.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 11, 2016, 06:29:13 AMLol he's full of shit.

I lol'd so goddamn hard

also: i'm one of those people that still thinks Sound should be a type since it's already like a "sub-type" but im not gonna push for it actively

it'd just be my favorite type is all hahahaha