Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

daj

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 11, 2017, 10:28:58 PMWill you be joining the tournament? :^)

eyyy just because i know the numbers doesnt mean i'm up for a tourney haha my team still sucks

Though being in a military camp kinda ruins a lot, so I probably can't commit to a comp schedule, weellllp

BlackDragonSlayer

Is it okay for my starter to be Level 12 before I've reached Kukui's lab? I kinda like completely curbstomped Hau.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 12, 2017, 03:33:17 PMIs it okay for my starter to be Level 12 before I've reached Kukui's lab? I kinda like completely curbstomped Hau.

...IIRC, I think mine was 7.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

daj

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 12, 2017, 03:33:17 PMIs it okay for my starter to be Level 12 before I've reached Kukui's lab? I kinda like completely curbstomped Hau.

were you ev training ._.

mikey

Quote from: dajwxp on January 12, 2017, 01:52:24 PMeyyy just because i know the numbers doesnt mean i'm up for a tourney haha my team still sucks

Though being in a military camp kinda ruins a lot, so I probably can't commit to a comp schedule, weellllp
isn't the military fairly regular?  I'm sure you could find some time for a single match every week or so
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: dajwxp on January 12, 2017, 05:13:18 PMwere you ev training ._.
No, not at all. Route 1 was just pretty long, and I wanted to catch a few Pokemon, sooo...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

daj

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 12, 2017, 06:26:49 PMisn't the military fairly regular?  I'm sure you could find some time for a single match every week or so

sigh fiiiine dang them obligations :p

Dudeman

I completed the Alola Dex last night! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Now I have to decide what shiny I want to hunt for.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Updated Thoughts
- I OHKO'd Totem Wishiwashi with a Razor Leaf Crit. Didn't even have time to call for help.
- Kiawe's trial was AMAZING. They completely avoided the tedium that comes from puzzles like that while still having it be fairly difficult (Totem Salazzle was moderately difficult because I insisted on not using my massively overleveled started to simply OHKO it until the very end, i.e. when my Pikachu and Wingull both got mercilessly devoured because of their awful Sp. Def).
- My Zubat evolved just in time to be the MVP of Mallow's trial (though I probably could've just used my starter, again, having a STAB Acrobatics was really fun). Pretty much went straight to Crobat because of the time I spent getting it to be friendly to me. <3
- On the other hand, my Pichu somehow took a ridiculously long time to evolve (IIRC, just before Kiawe's trial), but now it's a Raichu so that doesn't really matter. :<
- Evolved my starter into a Decidueye right before I fought Olivia. So now, all my Pokemon are evolved... and then I found the Eviolite.
- I'm pretty sure the reason all my Pokemon are currently overleveled, despite not using the Exp. Share, is because I'm only using four right now instead of six? Because there's like no way I should have fully evolved my started at this point, yet I did already.
- Decided to use a Pelipper for my final team instead of Ash-Greninja because I got lucky with a Hydration Wingull. Don't know how much it's gonna hurt not having a strong Dark STAB on my team.
- Taking pictures is addictive, as is Festival Plaza. Between two of the Lottery shops (two starts each), I've already gotten three Bottle Caps. HYPE.
- I was oddly thrilled when the Eevee egg hatched, as I somehow had no idea what it would be. In hindsight, I should have anticipated that.
- Nebby is ADORABLE and Lillie trying to pretend to be me by trying to get Nebby to use Splash was also great.
[close]

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Lol my Pichu somehow evolved at Level 13
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

The GTS is totally weirding me out. There are incredibly strange trends in wanted Pokémon. I'm looking for a Pheromosa with a slightly better nature, right? So I'm trying to trade out the spare one I have for another one. Days go by, and no one trades. I try for a Buzzwole, same situation. I start looking into the listings for Pheromosas, and here's the kicker: overwhelmingly, the most wanted Pokémon for a Pheromosa is SOLGALEO. Like, wtf? How is that even a fair trade? So I start looking into Buzzwoles instead. Overwhelmingly, the most wanted Pokémon for a Buzzwole is Celesteela. Slightly more sensical, but still odd. I realize that there are four Kartanas and four Pheromosas, so I look into Kartanas. Overwhelmingly, the most wanted Pokémon for a Kartana is LUNALA. It's here that I start to lose it. I look into Solgaleos. THERE ARE LIKE ZERO REQUESTS FOR A LUNALA. Everyone wants 91 or above...anything, really, but there's an incredibly odd amount of Rhyperiors in the mix. Lunalas? Same situation. No Solgaleos, 91 or above anything. At my wit's end, I look at Pheromosas again, this time filtering out Legendaries. Requests for 91 and aboves are everywhere (except for a lot of requests for Lv. 1-10 Dragonites, [facepalm]), and I expected that, so I train my eye to look for level listings as "Any." And here's the strangest and most mind-bogglingly inexplicable trend to the whole ordeal: virtually every, I'm talking 99% of the time, every listing for a wanted Pokémon of "Any" level, is Kingdra. KINGDRA. THIS IS MULTIPLE PEOPLE IN MULTIPLE COUNTRIES ASKING FOR THE SAME POKÉMON, ONE THAT ISN'T EVEN IN THE ALOLA DEX. THE ONLY POKÉMON LISTED THAT'S WANTED AT ANY LEVEL. IS KINGDRA. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AND I CAN'T FIND ANY ANSWERS AND I AM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW AND ALL I WANT IS A PHEROMOSA WITH A BETTER NATURE THAN JOLLY AND WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE GTS AND WHY DOES NOBODY WANT PHEROMOSA. ALSO THAT PART, FORGOT TO MENTION THAT. NOBODY WANTS PHEROMOSA FOR ANYTHING.

I am so confuuuuuuuuused I want to punch something.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

^I had the same issue. Ended up giving up my last Celesteela for Buzzwole.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

Entering E4 with:

Primarina Lv. 50
Ribombee Lv. 52
Wigglytuff Lv. 50
Comfey Lv. 50
Alolan Ninetales Lv. 52
Granbull Lv. 50

I grinded with the Exp. Share on for half the game and then afterwards turned the Exp. Share off. I thought the rest of the game wouldn't be too hard since I was pretty overleveled once I turned it in off, but the level curve caught up to me by Poni Island and now I'm pretty underleveled.

Throughout this whole run, I've played on Set mode and I've refused to use any items in battle except to catch Pokémon, and I'll stick with that until the very end. Let's see how hard the E4 is, now...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Hoo boy, you're gonna have a fun time. E4 + Champion is easily one of the most difficult in recent generations, especially if you're not gonna use any items.

mastersuperfan

Well, I can still heal up outside of battle, so it's not that bad.

Anyways, I've beaten the first three on the first try, but the fourth one (rightmost room) is giving me a bit of trouble; I've already lost once.

EDIT: Won easily on the second try because of Pokémon Refresh hax (and a flinch hax, too). Onto the final battle!

Final Team:

Trucy Wright (Primarina) Lv. 51
Ribbon (shiny Ribombee) Lv. 52
Guildmaster (Wigglytuff) Lv. 51
Flora (Comfey) Lv. 52
Selkie (Alolan Ninetales) Lv. 54
Tooth Fairy (Granbull) Lv. 51

EDIT: Holy what is this impossible Champion battle