Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

mikey

can someone change the vote in the thread to gauge interest?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I'd say we need at least eight people to do a serious tournament.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

oh also I've been on the PGL looking at tournament results and I think we should ban the Tapu, or at least Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko.  They seem pretty strong.

We could also do round robin tournaments and then cut to a finals or something

I like the idea of monotype but I guess there's a possibility everyone would want to choose the same type...
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Nah I'm not into monotype and I don't think we need to ban specific Pokémon as long as we keep the "one per team" rule

mikey

alright.  Is there like a specific formatting to use when determining battle rules?  Due to in game constraints I think it's forced to be at level 50 at least, and then one legendary max per team, 6 slots available, no duplicate pokemon or items is all I can think of
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

All of that sounds good to me. I'm pretty sure normal link battles knock your Pokémon to level 50 even if they're below, but everyone should try to reach level 50 just in case.

mikey

Link battles have 3 options:
1 sets all pokemon to level 50 regardless, 1 sets all pokemon above 50 to 50, and 1 leaves pokemon at their original levels.  Though I prefer 100 level pokemon that's not realistic for any of us lol
so don't worry about what level your pokemon are, though I would recommend at least EV training them.  It's super easy in this game, you only need to KO like 8 pokemon in an SOS chain to max out a stat
unmotivated

daj

so ummm i'm going to interrupt this conversation because a lapras just wandered into my pokepelago! :D apparently it's the hardest poke to catch too, whee~

mikey

uhhh I didn't think it was that hard to catch but good for you :)

that was kinda rude I mean I didn't realize it was a rare pokemon so that's great
unmotivated

Echo

Quote from: Dekkadeci on December 31, 2016, 08:00:33 PMI thought Lunala and Yveltal looked fairly bad on paper BST-wise, yet they both got banned to Ubers straight away.

Don't be deceived just because they don't have 150+ in a base stat; they're plenty obnoxious. You don't even need to test Lunala, you can just look at how strong Hoopa-Unbound is to get an idea of how strong Lunala is (Lunala's basically a better Hoopa-Unbound).

nerdy calculations and explanation here
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hoopa-Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 301-355 (93.7 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Moongeist Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 321-378 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lunala tears apart pretty much everything with near unresisted coverage (just like Hoopa, which is why it was banned before), only she has more Speed and much better defenses. Dark-type is better than Ghost, granted, but it doesn't make up for those other factors. You just spam Moongeist Beam like you spam Dark Pulse with Hoopa for easy KOs, only it's harder to KO Lunala back.

Some other random calculations against bulky stuff.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 297-351 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Mandibuzz: 250-296 (59.2 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 240-284 (60.3 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Ferrothorn: 195-229 (55.3 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As for Yveltal, Yveltal's kind of a better Lunala (similar but slightly better stats and more diverse moves available).
[close]

Quote from: dajwxp on January 02, 2017, 07:52:02 PMso ummm i'm going to interrupt this conversation because a lapras just wandered into my pokepelago! :D apparently it's the hardest poke to catch too, whee~

Haha, lucky! Wish I had that kinda luck, I think I wasted maybe an hour catching a Beldum. :P One attempt I had lasted so long that a Beldum Struggled until it fainted (yeah, the battle lasted so long it burned out all its PP, and that's even with me putting it to Sleep...).

Anyways, I'd be down to play in a tournament! Just to make sure though, are you guys including the "big" legends like the Cosmog line and Zygarde for the "one per team" rule? I guess I should also ask if Necrozma and Silvally are included, just in case. And we're allowed to use the QR Pokemon/Greninja too, right?

FireArrow

Is this tournament on showdown or in the game? I probably wouldn't join the latter because my in game team is crap
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

mikey

you have time to get a team!  My team still isn't finished yet
Also after thinking about the one legendary thing I think we should also include mega evolutions in the same counter so you can have a mega OR a legendary OR an Ultra Beast
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I mean I'm not opposed to that rule but I don't really think Megas are in the same category

Again though the rule wouldn't affect my team at all so if you guys decide that's the way we should go it's totally fine

mikey

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/173540c6-ac2a-4d47-b5db-b9a2a197607e

thoughts?

Seriously though, FA, don't let that stop you.  We don't have enough players for a good sized tournament yet anyway so you might as well.  We'd wait for you
unmotivated