News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Dark Souls/Bloodborne

Started by Zunawe, April 30, 2016, 11:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

This has no thread, and I'm kinda curious about whether many people have played/enjoy the series. Personally, Dark Souls is possibly my favorite game of all time (I still haven't spend enough time in Dark Souls III to know whether I like it better). I'd like to share it with anybody willing to consider it.

Naturally, you should put things in well-labeled spoiler tags. These games are about discovery. Don't ruin it for somebody.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

Oh woo!

I'm... maybe middway through Bloodborne, and barely into Dark Souls II. I haven't had much time to play them because of school, sadly.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

Yay, other person.

I've played a good bit of Bloodborne, but I've watched my roommate play through almost all of it. It's a very strange world.

As for Dark Souls II, it's really the worst Souls game, but don't give up on it because of that. The story is still very significant.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

...wow, lol, a classmate of mine said the same thing about Dark Souls II.

I'm terrible at the combat, but I really adore the lore, plus Bloodborn is goddamn gorgeous, like wow the world is really pretty. The art direction is fantastic.

Zunawe

FromSoft's world building is second to none. I never fail to be stunned by what they build into these games. As much fun as the combat is, I love the games for their stories and environments.

I program things

Nebbles

Oh, definitely. They do story telling in such an amazing, masterful way.

Zunawe

You've finished DSI? And if yes, which ending?

I program things

Nebbles

Sadly, no, I got DSII first. I didn't have the systems for DSI, though now my computer is probably able to run it... if I had the cash for it.

Zunawe

It'll be $5 over the summer on Steam. So there's that.

I would strongly recommend playing the first one before the second one. It's not really a progression like most games under the same title. It's more like each one tells a grander version of the same story. And without the first one, the other ones don't have the same impact.

I program things

Nebbles

...shit, 5 dollars? Goddamn, I'll get it for sure then.

Zunawe

It's $20 minus 75% because Steam sales. Or at least that's what they've always set the price to for the past three years.

Out of curiosity, what are your theories about Bloodborne's story?

I program things

Nebbles

I honestly need to go back and play more, because it's been so long since I've played and there's not too much I remember from the lore.

Zunawe

Just "fear the old blood" and you've basically got the entire game.

I program things

Zunawe

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is $4.99 on Steam. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is $13.59 on Steam. Dark Souls III is $44.99 on Steam. Would recommend.

I program things

Nebbles