News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by shadowhunter301, April 30, 2016, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I've always disliked it because I feel the speaker is saying it to push their superiority on others.  To me, the quote says, "I'm better than you and you don't deserve a strong, intelligent, independent person like me"
unmotivated

shadowhunter301

May 18, 2016: "Hope is independent of the apparatus of logic."
-Norman Cousins

Dudeman

What a pretentious way to phrase it. What's wrong with saying "hope is illogical"? For shame, Norman Cousins.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

That seems like the way I would word it on a school assignment or something. XD
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

shadowhunter301

Dying.

Did not know what it meant until you explained, Dudeman. Thanks.

BrainyLucario

How did Norman Cousins even come up with this belief? I mean why would someone believe that hope is illogical?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

braix

Isn't hope not based on logic at all though? It's like the belief that things will be better than they'll probably end up being so you're ignoring that logic and hoping something illogical will happen.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

I mean I guess you have a point there. Hope doesn't have to not be based on logic. You can still hope something even though you know you're probably going to be successful in the activity.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

shadowhunter301

May 19, 2016
"Words are but pictures of our thoughts."
-John Dryden

E. Gadd Industries

So we think we thought our thoughts we thought we think the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

I keep clicking on this topic, mistaking it for the hall of quotes. This upsets me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

shadowhunter301

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 20, 2016, 07:21:50 AMSo we think we thought our thoughts we thought we think the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought?
XD
I guess so. What a clever way to word it!  ;D

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 20, 2016, 07:48:34 AMI keep clicking on this topic, mistaking it for the hall of quotes. This upsets me.

Sorry about that. Is there anything I can do to make it less confusing? Like change the title of the thread?

May 20, 2016
"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it."
-Lou Holtz

I agree. How you respond to life is what matters much more than what life throws at you. If throws you a problem, you can either do nothing about it, or do something about it. Decisions are what is important.

Dudeman

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 20, 2016, 08:03:05 AMSorry about that. Is there anything I can do to make it less confusing? Like change the title of the thread?
Nah, don't worry about it. Some people will just have to learn2read.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Yeah, don't change the title I was jk-ing lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Yes, that quote is good, but it makes me feel bad
unmotivated