Home Concert XTreme: How do I split MIDI tracks?

Started by Taser9090, April 30, 2016, 09:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taser9090

So I'm trying to play songs submitted on the site like K.K. Disco and Gerudo Valley. I can play both hands separately, but I can't put them together because I'm terrible at rhythm. I decided to download this sight-reading software (Home Concert) to help with since it's well reviewed and there was a 50% sale going on.

However, when I load a MIDI file, all the notes are just mashed up into one staff. It's probably because there's only one channel in the file. It seems the TimeWarp had a Keyboard Split Utility in the past that could resolve this, but they removed it.

This is incredibly frustrating; I've been trying out different software to try and split the MIDI channels into two. I tried using Reaper, but that's just a whole mess since I'm having more and more issues the more I delve into it.

Anybody know of a free software that can easily edit MIDIs?

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

skiaak

Musescore is your friend, and it's free. Or Notepad, though not as many functions.
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Taser9090 on April 30, 2016, 09:03:04 AMThis is incredibly frustrating; I've been trying out different software to try and split the MIDI channels into two. I tried using Reaper, but that's just a whole mess since I'm having more and more issues the more I delve into it.
I believe Notepad can help with this, but it will probably still require some manual fixing after, as I doubt you'll get a good result (It will save a ton of time though).
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26