News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Tremolo Notation Question

Started by Tobbeh99, April 23, 2016, 06:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Is there a neat way of notating a pattern like D-F#-A-C-D-F#-A-C etc. instead of just writing it down? Is there some sort of tremolo notation you can use to notate that?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Rule of thumb: write it down how you want them to play it. That doesn't sound like a tremolo to me.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

Y, I mean I could just write down the pattern D-F#-A-C as 16th notes or whatever. But I wonder if there is some more convenient way of writing that, by maybe using some sort of tremolo? 
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

I completely disagree; just write it however it is. It will be easier to read and interpret exactly what you want the player to do. A sixteenth note pattern is much less ambiguous than a tremolo with that many notes.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

Ok. y, there doesn't seem to even exist another way of writing it.

Here's a link to the sheet, you can see the thing I'm talking about at measure 18.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Wild%20Arms/Warrior%27s%20Whistle%20%28Boomerang%27s%20Theme%29.zip

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

I had a look and the answer is no, sir, that is as nice as it's gonna look. Honestly it's a lot of beams but it doesn't look bad or clunky at all. Looks totally legit to me. 32nd notes exist for a reason; might as well use them.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Y, it would be useful IF there existed a notation for continuous pattern, but it doesn't apparently. 

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 25, 2016, 11:50:37 AMY, it would be useful IF there existed a notation for continuous pattern, but it doesn't apparently.
I can agree with that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26