The eShop Topic

Started by Olimar12345, April 14, 2016, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on June 19, 2016, 10:52:02 AMAs in, what is the purpose of a 2DS?
It makes a great doorstop.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on June 19, 2016, 10:52:02 AMI know this isn't technically eShop, but it deals with paying Nintendo

The 2DS just recently dropped $10 in price, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to get one? As in, what is the purpose of a 2DS?

If your reason for not having a 3DS is because they're too expensive, the 2DS is for you.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 19, 2016, 09:42:58 AMMinish Cap and A Link to the Past are discounted, I'd recommend getting those instead!

Only the Wii U version of A Link to the Past is discounted, not the New Nintendo 3DS version, which is the only place I'd want to play it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 19, 2016, 07:20:34 AMAlso on sale this week, I picked up the N64 Paper Mario game on Virtual Console. I figure it's about time I give it a try
:)

mikey

Quote from: Latios212 on June 19, 2016, 11:40:48 AMIt makes a great doorstop.
Thinking about it, this is actually probably true
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

@SlowPokemon: Super Mario Rocket-Propelled Grenade is on the European eShop. Strange.

I'm still thinking about making a video rant about Virtual Console, but my laptop's screen is still broken and I've been using a Wii U to internet for weeks.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 19, 2016, 09:42:58 AMMinish Cap and A Link to the Past are discounted, I'd recommend getting those instead!
Virtue's Last Reward is, in my totally unbiased opinion, objectively better.

mikey

I've never heard of that game.  It'd be pretty hard for any game from the same time period or even slightly after to be better than ALttP though.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 19, 2016, 01:15:32 PMIt'd be pretty hard for any game from the same time period or even slightly after to be better than ALttP though.

This. After playing the train-wreck that 999 was, I seriously doubt the sequel could even come close to ALTTP's magnitude of greatness. It's a classic.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

How was 999 a train wreck 😂

SlowPokemon

Lmao like seriously how can you argue 999 is a bad game? It's among the best games I've ever played. Any complaint you might have about it could be applied to another game, Hotel Dusk, that you said you loved.

mikey

I've never played em so all I can say is it's really unlikely they'd end up being better than alttp
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 19, 2016, 03:18:46 PMLmao like seriously how can you argue 999 is a bad game?

I've tried to forget that game because it was a waste of my time, but I remember the final straw was dying because some tiny, preteen little girl clean-sliced my arm of with an ax. Like mid-air. Not chopped off while it was against a surface, the bitch creep-ed up behind me and surprised me by chopping my arm off, mid-bone. Really? After all that set-up, something as ridiculous as that is considered a legitimate ending? Really fucking believable in a game that is supposed to be centered around making choices and the story. No one could have seen that coming because it is silly.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 19, 2016, 03:18:46 PMIt's among the best games I've ever played.

Lol well there you have it. How many Metroid, Pikmin, or Zelda games have you played? Or more to the point: how could you compare a visual-novel to a Zelda game? :P

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 19, 2016, 03:18:46 PMHotel Dusk, that you said you loved.

HD was fun but tedious af. I would never put that kind of game (not even really a game, more of a visual novel) above classics that have stood the test of time. I was more salty that the sequel did not get a US release.

In another decade no one will remember the 999 saga, whereas A Link to the Past will continued to be regarded as a timeless classic.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I would argue 999 isn't very well known already
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 19, 2016, 03:46:26 PMI've tried to forget that game because it was a waste of my time, but I remember the final straw was dying because some tiny, preteen little girl clean-sliced my arm of with an ax. Like mid-air. Not chopped off while it was against a surface, the bitch creep-ed up behind me and surprised me by chopping my arm off, mid-bone. Really? After all that set-up, something as ridiculous as that is considered a legitimate ending? Really fucking believable in a game that is supposed to be centered around making choices and the story. No one could have seen that coming because it is silly.

Lol well there you have it. How many Metroid, Pikmin, or Zelda games have you played? Or more to the point: how could you compare a visual-novel to a Zelda game? :P

HD was fun but tedious af. I would never put that kind of game (not even really a game, more of a visual novel) above classics that have stood the test of time. I was more salty that the sequel did not get a US release.

In another decade no one will remember the 999 saga, whereas A Link to the Past will continued to be regarded as a timeless classic.

1. So what I'm hearing is you didn't play the game all the way through? Lmao you only got one ending (which isn't even really an ending, more of a game over)
2. Clover is 20
3. I've played plenty of Zelda and Metroid games. They don't affect my emotions or make me care about characters, and they're more tedious than fun.
4. I never compared 999 to Zelda or Metroid (or really anything else, just said it was among the best games I've ever played).
5. Hotel Dusk is a timeless classic, and so is 999 😂 but only for the people who know about them.
6. You can't use how well known a game is as a reason it's good or bad. That's just stupid and doesn't follow any kind of logic. 999 was released by a small time developer and a small name localization team, as well as not even really being in many stores due to being an M rated game on the NDS. In addition, all of the other games you've mentioned have Nintendo to market them, not to mention them featuring beloved and well known characters.
7. I truly think the Zero Escape franchise will be remembered as classics, especially in their genres, and I wouldn't be surprised if this new release tops a lot of game of the year lists. Virtue's Last Reward alone does too much that's revolutionary for game narratives for them not to be remembered.
And last but not least...
8. "Not even really a game, more of a visual novel." What a fun statement. It plays on a game console, and there's interactivity, so it's a game. Whether it's a game form you can appreciate is another story.

Olimar12345

With such a long list, not once is that absurd moment I mentioned present. Lol.