News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Electric Keyboards?

Started by Altissimo, April 11, 2016, 05:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 12, 2016, 05:35:39 AMDo they make a 1-octave portable keyboard? Because I know what I'm asking for for my birthday if they do!
It's called investing in a harmonica. 'Tis what I did. 8)

Anyways, as for my 2 cents, if you're interested in actually doing more than just plunking out melodies, then weighted keys is non-negotiable. Honestly, just go try some out. Ask for one but request that you be active in the actual shopping. Different instruments suit different people. One of my pet peeves is when I have an instrument literally given to me as a surprise. Don't get me wrong, I am very much grateful and happy, but a person's instrument is an extension of themselves so you have to make sure that it's right for you. Music stores allow demo-ing on their instruments for this very reason.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

ZeldaFan

I bought a Yamaha YPG 535 which is pretty good, but doesn't have the weighted keys. It comes with the stand, music holder, and pedal. It has all 88 keys, hundreds of sounds etc. It works pretty well for my purposes and I spent $500 on it at Guitar Center

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Pianist Da Sootopolis

$500 for that? Damn. I got my Yamaha P35 for less than $450. It has less bells and whistles, but it's a better keyboard in terms of its mechanics.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

...I got my YPG-635 for less than that. (Although, idr if there was some sort of sale going on or what)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it