News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Choosing a game

Started by Latios212, April 11, 2016, 12:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Before we go rocketing off trying to record and assemble videos for NSM, we have to choose a game first! We'll use this topic for discussion, and you'll be able to nominate games here for an eventual poll.

Here are two quick things to check when choosing a game to nominate.
- The game has a decent number of good sheets. If there are only a few sheets for a game, or they're all bad, then there won't be enough material to work with.
- The sheets from the game aren't all terribly difficult. If it takes too long for the performers to perfect it, that's a huge time sink, and the project would likely drag on and on.

And the nominations are...
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Pokémon Red Version & Pokémon Blue Version
- Pokémon Gold Version & Pokémon Silver Version
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

And the winner is:
Spoiler
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

In that regard, I think some games that would work well are Super Mario Bros. 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokémon X & Pokémon Y, and Kirby's Epic Yarn.

They all have a good amount of popular appeal and some quality sheets at a manageable difficulty level.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

as far as Zelda soundtracks go OoT isn't one of my favorites, regardless of how cool it would be for me to play the Nocturne of Shadow.
Perhaps A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, or Skyward Sword would be better
unmotivated

Sebastian

Latios212

@Noc: You're free to nominate what you want! Just be sure to check the actual sheets as I mentioned above - last I checked Wind Waker has some great sheets but also has a bunch of awful ones.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

yeah I know, but wind waker is such a great game :c
Out of those three I think a link to the past is the best for this
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I'd feel most comfortable with either a Mario game (maybe Galaxy?) or Kirby's Epic Yarn, since I know the OST pretty well.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Pokemon Red/Blue, since we have the entire OST.
what is shitpost

BrainyLucario

Undertale maybe? we have a good amount of sheets on site. If we need more, I nominate Pokemon Black/White
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Ōkami~MD

I would back E Gadd for Mario Galaxy music
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

mikey

Galaxy is pretty much the one Mario game I'd be okay with, but I'm also cool with Mario Kart.
unmotivated

Latios212

Quote from: Sebastian on April 11, 2016, 12:17:53 PMI'm down for OoT.
Cool. Added to the list.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 11, 2016, 12:24:57 PMOut of those three I think a link to the past is the best for this
Lots of good sheets by Deku, difficulty seems manageable too. Added.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 11, 2016, 01:13:45 PMKirby's Epic Yarn, since I know the OST pretty well.
I second that. KEY has some great songs that we do have sheets for. Added. As for Galaxy...

Quote from: Ōkami~MD on April 12, 2016, 11:02:07 AMI would back E Gadd for Mario Galaxy music
Galaxy sheets seem a little tougher than the ones from the games mentioned above (and many need some touching up too), but I think it could work out. Added.

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 11, 2016, 01:24:41 PMPokemon Red/Blue, since we have the entire OST.
The sheets can get quite difficult at times, but they'd be easy to tone down in terms of difficulty, and we have tons of good material. Added :P

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 11, 2016, 07:01:10 PMPokemon G/S
Sure. I have most of the sheets available, even if they're not on site yet. Added.

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 11, 2016, 03:13:18 PMUndertale maybe? we have a good amount of sheets on site. If we need more, I nominate Pokemon Black/White
I'm a little hesitant to go with Undertale since Undertale music covers have been done and over-done on the Internet by now and I'd like the focus of our project to shine light on something that you can't already find too much of. Something you'd only be able to get from NSM, perhaps. As for Pokémon Black & White, most of the sheets are either quite difficult or just flat-out awful. That said, if you want to nominate either of those, that's okay!

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 12, 2016, 11:31:46 AMGalaxy is pretty much the one Mario game I'd be okay with, but I'm also cool with Mario Kart.
Which one? Also Mario Kart sheets tend to be on the faster/more complex side of things.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Wind Waker has some great music.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

I agree. I've added it to the list, but if we end up choosing it, there's a lot of sheet re-working to be done...

I should continue those replacements I started....

Spoiler
[close]
turtle