News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda discussion

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 06, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ōkami~MD

But we never got Navi Trackers. Besides, it did seem out of place (like the mog commentary on theatrhythm final fantasy)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

mikey

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 12, 2016, 11:20:29 AMWho is Tingle's Lorulian counterpart? =P

Lame joking aside, the "voice acting isn't right for Zelda" argument is invalid, because:
Starting from 1:25.
All I'm hearing is a voice that DOES NOT sound like tetra
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

But what does Tetra sound like?

Also, role-reversals. Discuss.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Trainer Ave

Honestly I see no problem with voice acting in Zelda as long as Link doesn't talk.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: ZeldaWiki Wind Waker articleLink yells "Come on!" when he calls Medli, Makar, or a statue. This marked The Wind Waker as the only canon Zelda game to date in which Link has spoken in actual words until the release of Twilight Princess, in which Link can be heard yelling "Giddy-up!" as he rides Epona. In The Adventure of Link, a textbox does say "I found a mirror under the table" at one point, but the Japanese version used no pronouns and is written in much the same way as the "You got" speeches (that is, it's from Link's perspective, but not him speaking). Other characters also speak actual English words, most notably Beedle, who says "Welcome!", "Thank you!" and "Bye!".

As for role-reversals, I sometimes like to imagine a Spirit Tracks AU where Link gets hit by the Ebil [sic] Purple Laser while protecting Zelda. Maybe it could go with another AU I've seen?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

cashwarrior1

What do they mean? Link speaks in every game, he says "Hyah!"

Trainer Ave

But that's not full-blown talking. Need I remind everyone of "EXCUUUSE ME PRINCESS"
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

cashwarrior1

mikey

the lack of voice acting in Zelda is something that shouldn't change, 100%.
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Personally, I don't care if Nintendo puts voice acting or gender change-ability in Zelda, it's still a Zelda game and I'll still play and enjoy it... if I had a WII U

mikey

Overall voice acting gives video games a more cinematic experience (I'd hope at least) and I think Nintendo would rather see Zelda be enjoyed first and foremost as its own medium, then a cinematic, rather than embellishing the cinematic qualities of the game series (which I do really enjoy, but in its own special way).
unmotivated

Nebbles

I agree. Zelda has its own distinct medium, and seeing it change drastically would be really, really weird.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Trainer Ave

how about if they incorporated cinematic action into boss fights such as what we see in Final Fantasy XIII-2
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

Ew, no. No quicktime events, pretty pretty please.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server