News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda discussion

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 06, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Just 'cause a game changes from it's original formula does not make it no the same game. I mean, Zelda 2 is completely differnt but it's still "Zelda".

Dudeman

Sure, but most people don't refer to it as "true Zelda." I've hardly played it and I'll be just fine not ever playing it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Well, some people are probably definitely insane.

mikey

Lol Zelda 2 is such a weird game, the only reason it's a Zelda game is because it didn't have a formula to stick to
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Zelda 1 didn't have a formula? I'm just saying, Nintendo can do whatever they want and you better be happy about it, or I'll find you...

mikey

That's like saying pi was discovered after drawing the first circle
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Not really, but whatever :P. Anyways, what's your favorite Zelda game and why? Mine is Spirit Tracks because... Childhood. (I need to think about this, expect a paragraph later)

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Wind walker cause it has the best art best story best gameplay and still has great music.  The character development is a+ too
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

I'm currently doing a playthrough of wind waker on the gamecube at my Grandma's house whenever I go. I'm on the part where you first get bombs.

SlowPokemon

I beat The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Picross and it's the first Zelda game I've ever beaten
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Dude the cursed sea part is the best section of any video game ever.  Never have I wanted to make progress in a game as much as I did there
unmotivated

Nebbles

I feel like I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care about the sailing. I love the Great Sea music a lot, and you can just teleport around the ocean later on anyway with the Ballad of Gales.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Quote from: Nebbles on April 10, 2016, 04:41:20 PMI feel like I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care about the sailing. I love the Great Sea music a lot, and you can just teleport around the ocean later on anyway with the Ballad of Gales.
Was this on the Gamecube version, the HD remake, or both? The swift sail does help things, but there were times when I too just wanted to be places.

Twilight Princess is my favorite; I think I said that earlier in this topic.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Swift sail is in the HD version. I don't like sailing in the Wind Waker much, (I sailed from Windfall to Outset just to realize I forgot to get bombs so I had to sail back to Windfall.) but I enjoyed sailing in Phantom Hourglass. Maybe I'm just too lazy to keep my hand on the controller when in Phantom Hourglass I could just watch my self and spam jump and the canon. :P