News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda discussion

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 06, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

I thought it was confirmed that it happens 7 (or several) years after ALBW, and it's not like ALBW is in between those two games (forgive me if I'm mistaken)

cashwarrior1

Really? I didn't hear about that :P

Dudeman

Quote from: Zeila on April 09, 2016, 06:24:58 PMI thought it was confirmed that it happens 7 (or several) years after ALBW, and it's not like ALBW is in between those two games (forgive me if I'm mistaken)
This is almost true. TFH takes place a good century or so (read:indeterminately long amount of time) after ALBW, which takes place a good century or so after ALttP. It was confirmed by Aonuma, I think, in an interview a little before the game's release.

EDIT: Actually, TFH might be that close to ALBW, on second thought. Don't remember.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

What they didn't explain is where all these Links came from. I mean, how many Zeldas are there!?!

mikey

yall are wrong
TFH is a direct sequel to ALBW.  That is the same link from ALBW, who traveled to Hytopia to hide from all the people in hyrule.
...Or something like that.

on Zelda Wii U:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/rumour_more_claims_made_for_new_legend_of_zelda_on_wii_u_and_nx_gender_choice_for_playable_character

please no I would hate Zelda forever
unmotivated

Dudeman

Come on. Link was always supposed to be a blank slate for the player. I don't see why giving him the option to be female, especially in a game this big, is a bad thing.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Honestly Link is such a pretty boy they wouldn't have to change much
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

there's really no point to have a gender choice
but really?  Voice acting too?  That'd just ruin it for me
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

There's no point in not having a gender choice. If this is a new Link, it'd make sense that Link might be a boy or a girl. Heredity, yo.

Ōkami~MD

What dungeons do you want to see in a fresh Zelda title? I think we need some more imaginative forest temples, since the only one I really enjoyed was OoT's forest temple. SS forest temple was kind of boring to me but you got to use the beetle I suppose
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Nitro Indigo

Honestly, as much as I'd like to see voice acting in a Zelda game, these recent leaks are so un-Nintendo-ish that they sound like someone's wish list. =/

As for dungeons, The Minish Cap and Skyward Sword have some of my favourite dungeons in the series because they're so creative. *Remembers Lanayru Mining Facility* Or not...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Ōkami~MD

Lanyard mining facility was awesome.... I thought

The puzzles weren't really puzzles though, more like things that felt like you were forced to do it so you could hurry up and get on with the story
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Nitro Indigo

The music in Lanayru Mining Facility was way too repetitive (you need to be some kind of anti-wizard to make music that sounds more repetitive than the Phantom Hourglass field theme), I kept getting knocked into pits by beamos, the interior just looks bland, and it goes on for ages. Thankfully, there's also Ancient Cistern, a water dungeon that isn't confusing, with awesome music and a unique theme.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Ōkami~MD

Hmmm I like ancient cistern too, but it didn't feel like a water dungeon to me, probably because it was the second Zelda game I played after OoT.

On the subject of lanayru mining facilities Timestone mechanic, what do you think about it being reused in the sandship. I felt the Sandship is by far THE best Zelda dungeon but so far have not met someone who agrees with me :/
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Nitro Indigo

I don't remember the Sandship very well, but I really liked the sailing part before it. I also really like the Lanayru area, because of the robots (they're my second-favourite Zelda race after the Minish, because they're such an interesting concept) and (the rest of) the music.
Bells? Woodwinds? Emotional? Yes please.