News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Problems with PDF submission

Started by PetrifiedLasagna, April 05, 2016, 11:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetrifiedLasagna

I was just wondering if anybody else faced this issue, but it seems that PDFs created with the "Microsoft Print to PDF" driver are not recognized as a PDF file. It is not a problem with my driver, since the files can be opened by other applications on my computer. This might be a bug with whatever checksum code is used on the site for files. I am probably just going to get PDFCreator, but it is just a heads up for future reference  ;)

mikey

Try using finale's Export to PDF feature
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 05, 2016, 11:33:10 AMTry using finale's Export to PDF feature
This can only be done if you have the full version of Finale 2014. If you don't have the 2014 version, I would recommend PDF Creator. It's never failed me.

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: Sebastian on April 05, 2016, 11:59:18 AMThis can only be done if you have the full version of Finale 2014. If you don't have the 2014 version, I would recommend PDF Creator. It's never failed me.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll just get PDFCreator. Thanks for the input.

Olimar12345

CutePDF is also extremely reliable.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

FWIW when I used notepad, CutePDF worked a lot better than PDFCreator did.
what is shitpost

PetrifiedLasagna

Well this is strange. I got CutePDF since I found that PDFCreator offered a lot of extra functionality that I would never use. After creating the file and attempting to upload it through the NSM panel, I still get the same error. Any ideas on what is causing this?

As a side note, the default Microsoft driver is probably a pore choice anyway, It offers a lot less customization and you can only export at a quality of 600 dpi.

PetrifiedLasagna

Well, I just fixed the problem...

I did not change the file or anything, but went and downloaded adobe acrobat to try and fix the file which turned out to be a dead. The file was still the same, but I went ahead and tried submitting anyway and it worked. So apparently, you have to have acrobat installed for submission to work, and as a programmer I would say this is on level with spyware, but whatever... At least it is fixed >:\