News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

General Animal Crossing

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 01, 2016, 12:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

@Sebastian Otherwise I wouldn't mind controversy, but instead of defending yourself and proving everyone how in reality you're not minimodding(which seems to be the point you try/want to make), you're clearly trying to personally attack me in an attempt to make me seem "hypocritical" as if the point I'm making would somehow turn invalid. It's not only toxic discussion, but also low and achieves nothing respectable, at most it helps keeping the toxic environment of NSM still up.

Quote from: Sebastian on April 01, 2016, 01:30:35 PM
Spoiler
Quote from: Sebastian on April 01, 2016, 12:44:46 PMI think it's better to bump a thread than to make a new one.
I state an opinion.
[close]
The point wasn't that you give out opinions, it's that you tried to sell a bit condescending post with a plain link as an opinion(you didn't even reply to my previous point!). If you're also trying to justify your posts as just opinions, then they simply weren't required to be in this topic in the slightest bit, when all Nitro Indigo wanted to do was to discuss about a great game series. It can come off a little rude to force unasked(and wrong) opinions on others, don't you think?

Spoiler
[close]
Then you spat the rules at me.....which is technically mini-modding xD
you can clearly see from the screenshot that I even had my original post strikethrough'd for the ironic effect lol.
also there's a clear difference between correcting your misconceptions of the rules and pushing rules on others with an ulterior motive, even you yourself admitted how you were wrong!!
Quote from: Sebastian on April 01, 2016, 12:50:13 PMEDIT: I didn't realize that was in the rules. I only said that because I heard Dudeman say that bumping over making a new topic is probably better.

Quote from: Sebastian on April 01, 2016, 12:50:13 PMI think that word has been taken out of context one too many times. I'm kinda tired of people calling me a "minimod" when I say anything opinionated.

EDIT: I didn't realize that was in the rules. I only said that because I heard Dudeman say that bumping over making a new topic is probably better.
I state another opinion and specify that I didn't realize it was in the rules.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring
This opinion(of how you're tired of being called a minimod) and argument has nothing to do with the fact whether or not you're minimodding. (see my previous point about how I wasn't even claiming you weren't stating opinions at all!!)

Spoiler
[close]
Aaaaand you show me more rules which is mini-modding.

You are not only mini-modding, but you are also being hypocritical.
[/spoiler]
You're taking that screenshot wayyyyy off-context. You corrected me on my quote usage of the Rules topic:
Quote from: Sebastian on April 01, 2016, 12:50:13 PM
Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 01, 2016, 12:45:11 PMForum Etiquette Guide
ftfy
Since the paragraph I quoted was from Forum Etiquette. But on your screenshotted quote I was referencing how the rules encourage you to check out the Etiquette topic as well, as you can see for yourself. Unlike a minimod, I wasn't quoting rules to tell you how you should act and work as a moral compass, you can clearly see from the context that I was only justifying my word usage. So you can't say I was trying to minimod or as if I would somehow be hypocritical.

As afterwords I didn't want to be involved derail the topic this much, but I unjustified personal attacks and insults(like I explained with this post) make it hard to just let it pass.
I'm not mad at you though Sebastian and I forgive you, I know you're not as experienced with discussions like these!! But in this case, I'd just recommend you to focus on removing people's possibly wrong conceptions of you and explaining where you stand, instead of trying to make the other person seem as if they'd be a pot calling the kettle black(the kettle nevertheless stays black!).
I never personally attacked you, all of my arguments are based on nothing other than what you have said. I'd just respecfully ask you to do the same!!

braix

Btw my favorite song is K.K. Slider
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 01, 2016, 03:17:48 PM-snip-
Nothing Sebastian did at any point warrants this or your previous, please stop condescending other members for behaviors or decisions you don't agree with. If you have a problem with another member either report the post or bring it up to a moderator. All you should've done was say, "if the mods have a problem with it they'll deal with it."

@Sebastian, while I appreciate you wanting to help new members, please refrain from blind-advising people about the rules.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

let's just let an innocent problem go next time it happens

literally nothing has been done to hurt anyone else, Sebastian isn't trying to sabotage the forums

What's up with the ridiculousness lately
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 01, 2016, 03:37:08 PMNothing Sebastian did at any point warrants this or your previous, please stop condescending other members for behaviors or decisions you don't agree with. If you have a problem with another member either report the post or bring it up to a moderator. All you should've done was say, "if the mods have a problem with it they'll deal with it."
I'm not saying derailing this topic is right, but do you not agree that personally attacking someone and trying to portray someone "hypocritical" over explaining one's stand achieves nothing? Nothing started from me having a problem with Sebastian, at most my original post was intended to be an innocent gag, that has been running for a while. I know he means no harm(and I apologize for any resentment I may have caused), but as you can see from my posts, I did nothing but try to clear flawed premises and that way put this thing behind us.
But with all due respect, I appreciate trying to help people see each other's views and finding a rational standpoint instead of ending a conversation completely, but I absolutely admit that this isn't the place for it!! Although it should be clear how it took two for this tango(we both let it get out of hand and should have taken it somewhere else, since it concerns nobody else). But I still want you to note how I'm not mad at him in any way and I think I even said that. And I disagree with saying I was being condescending with anything I said, outside the first post poking fun at his habit, but I didn't mean to hurt his feelings with it!

But yeah, I admit my mistakes and apologize for them, and I hope to have learned from them!! Sorry for any trouble I may have caused!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 01, 2016, 03:43:33 PMliterally nothing has been done to hurt anyone else, Sebastian isn't trying to sabotage the forums
no one said anything like this at all, but i still agree. just please don't try to make this seem like a bigger thing than it really is fam, since no one said this

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 01, 2016, 04:31:33 PMI'm not saying derailing this topic is right, but do you not agree that personally attacking someone and trying to portray someone "hypocritical" over explaining one's stand achieves nothing? Nothing started from me having a problem with Sebastian, at most my original post was intended to be an innocent gag, that has been running for a while. I know he means no harm(and I apologize for any resentment I may have caused), but as you can see from my posts, I did nothing but try to clear flawed premises and that way put this thing behind us.
But with all due respect, I appreciate trying to help people see each other's views and finding a rational standpoint instead of ending a conversation completely, but I absolutely admit that this isn't the place for it!! Although it should be clear how it took two for this tango(we both let it get out of hand and should have taken it somewhere else, since it concerns nobody else). But I still want you to note how I'm not mad at him in any way and I think I even said that. And I disagree with saying I was being condescending with anything I said, outside the first post poking fun at his habit, but I didn't mean to hurt his feelings with it!

But yeah, I admit my mistakes and apologize for them, and I hope to have learned from them!! Sorry for any trouble I may have caused!
If you knew what you were posting wasn't copacetic, but posted it anyway, you don't get to claim to be an authority on better wisdom or knowledge after the fact. You demonstrate it through your actions, not by imposing your worldview on others.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 01, 2016, 04:41:25 PMIf you knew what you were posting wasn't copacetic, but posted it anyway, you don't get to claim to be an authority on better wisdom or knowledge after the fact. You demonstrate it through your actions, not by imposing your worldview on others.
I never claimed I was on top of everything when posting, that's why I apologized for my mistakes after realizing them, so saying I could have "claimed authority on better wisdom and knowledge" is a bit frivolous!! But we both didn't take others outside of each other in consideration when continuing arguing on this topic and that was a regrettable mistake, but mistakes teach us.
Also, is it possible to impose a worldview that accepts the possible existence of other views and emphasizes on finding a common rational standpoint for all parties? Or do you think a person be left alone if they are logically wrong? Kinda interested on your take man

fam but perhaps let's both take this to pm now if you want to keep talking about this :]

Olimar12345

Has anyone with ACHHD seen an ostrich villager named Sprocket? He used to be my favorite villager in the original animal crossing for game cube, but has yet to return since. I heard a rumor that he reappears in this game though, which is why I ask.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

How to not minimod:

1. Determine whether this is something the mods have to do something about or not. Like moving posts or offensive comments that need removed.
2a. Report it if it is.
2b. Ignore it if it isn't.
3. Done.

Olimar12345

Can we replace maestro's "forum etiquette guide" with this?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nitro Indigo

*Sigh* First time I got a flamewar on my own thread on any website...

Moving on...
Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 01, 2016, 06:59:07 PMHas anyone with ACHHD seen an ostrich villager named Sprocket? He used to be my favorite villager in the original animal crossing for game cube, but has yet to return since. I heard a rumor that he reappears in this game though, which is why I ask.
According to a wiki, he is. As is another villager who last appeared in Animal Forest e+, Kamaboko.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Olimar12345

I've seen that article, but it's like the only thing on the internet that says that. Also the pictures are from the first animal crossing, so I am hesitant to believe it.

Nitro Indigo

True. Nookipedia is missing a lot of information, and it was April 1st yesterday.

What episode of New Leaf does chuggaaconroy get Resetti on his intro screen? I've searched everywhere and I can't find it... DX
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.