News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

NSM discusses the state of affairs

Started by Dude, March 26, 2016, 09:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

While we're on the subject of NSM's current state of affairs, I believe the forum software is vulnerable to SQL Injection.

(SQL injection is a technique where malicious users can inject SQL commands into an SQL statement, via web page input.
Injected SQL commands can alter SQL statement and compromise the security of a web application.)

The only proven way to protect a web site from SQL injection attacks, is to use SQL parameters.
SQL parameters are values that are added to an SQL query at execution time, in a controlled manner.

There's another problem and a possible solution that won't help change anything.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Jub3r7 on March 27, 2016, 05:48:17 PMSome people are being assholes and other people aren't reacting well.
Eh. I think this sums up my feelings pretty well; I was going to say more, but I don't think it would help anything right now (please don't prove me wrong).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

yay time for me to post
most of you hate me but yeah the mods are biased and we should probably have a couple less that's all thanks bye
unmotivated

Dude

Quote from: braixen1264 on March 27, 2016, 06:04:09 PMThis is a warning:
On your next violation of the rules, you'll receive a 6 month ban, as you have a substantial amount of unpunished actions in the past.
This decision has been agreed on by the staff.
ok but didn't dudeman say that kefka couldn't punish retroactively for something MLF did. Why did it suddenly change? Did I miss something?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Jub3r7 on March 27, 2016, 05:48:41 PMWhile we're on the subject of NSM's current state of affairs, I believe the forum software is vulnerable to SQL Injection.

(SQL injection is a technique where malicious users can inject SQL commands into an SQL statement, via web page input.
Injected SQL commands can alter SQL statement and compromise the security of a web application.)

The only proven way to protect a web site from SQL injection attacks, is to use SQL parameters.
SQL parameters are values that are added to an SQL query at execution time, in a controlled manner.

There's another problem and a possible solution that won't help change anything.
Elaborate? Might be better to PM me.

KefkaticFanatic

I think concerns have been sufficiently raised, so this thread has run its course.  In the future, I would appreciate it if people could try to keep this content more ambiguous and not personal call-outs.  That sort of thing belongs strictly in PMs.  Discussions about individuals and their bans, previous bans, warnings, etc. doesn't really have much value in the forum proper.

Jub plz dont h4x nsm

Some people on this forum are just kids.  They do dumb things, say dumb things, and in general act immature.  They are allowed to be children.  You can be annoyed, you can be unhappy, but you need to learn to coexist.

We will have debates.  We will have debate threads, but it is inevitable for debates to spill over into other discussions.  That is ok, providing it keeps a reasonable amount of civility.  Heated discussion is expected, but degrading into flame wars is beneath you all and it will be stopped if it becomes a nuisance.

Maybe in these debates you will learn something about somebody that makes you gain strong opinions toward them.  Maybe those are negative opinions.  That's cool, but that doesn't give you a free pass to shit on people.  Maybe a lot of people don't like somebody.  That can happen, but it doesn't give you a free pass to shit on them.  Yes, some people will be sarcastic.  Yes, some people might comment negatively.  It's the same as when you might have interactions in public.  Your job is to not let that incite you into some grand battle of poo-throwing.  Our jobs as mods is to discourage that and put a stop to it if absolutely necessary.

me irl
[close]