WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on April 07, 2017, 03:47:49 PMAlso, is R&F2 really non-canon? Or is it "this game sold terribly so we don't acknowledge that it happened" non-canon?
It's a bit of the latter, but also possibly because it was licensed out. Honestly you could say it is canon, because it's not like anyone's going to fight you over it, but most people really don't, because no one really cares.

Quote from: Dudeman on April 07, 2017, 03:47:49 PMmy perfect lore world.
Are you still talking about Classic Series?
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 07, 2017, 04:01:40 PMAre you still talking about Classic Series?
I've kinda got a thing for the overarching Mega Man story. It's, uh...it's slowly consuming my life.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on April 07, 2017, 04:12:43 PMI've kinda got a thing for the overarching Mega Man story. It's, uh...it's slowly consuming my life.
That's sad because Capcom's not doing anything with it anymore.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

EXACTLY WHY IT CONSUMES ME
I'M REACHING CRITICAL MASS
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Rip. Anyway:

Mega Man: Powered Up:
 - Time Man Stage: MUS ORIGINAL

Actually, I guess we can continue to talk about Mega Man canon. Time Man and Oil Man have basically become non-canon thanks to a few circumstances:

- Only appearing in a remake of the first game.
 - Having no Light Number associated with them.
 - Mega Man: Powered Up not doing very well with sales.
 - Mega Man: Powered Up being a completely different canon entirely.
 - The official "Dr Light's Journal" not mentioning them at all.
 - Oil Man.

I like what the Archie Comics did with them though. They made Oil Man both cool and inoffensive. Time Man continued to be a prick though, but you can't make everyone nice, and it was already a major part of his simplistic character.

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 07, 2017, 08:52:18 PM- Having no Light Number associated with them.
Aren't Time Man and Oil Man DLN-00A and DLN-00B, respectively?

WaluigiTime64

That appeared once in an Archie Comics issue, and the comics are more or less non-canon/a separate canon entirely.

WaluigiTime64

Kappa:

Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith:
 - Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa ~ Candid Friend: MUS ORIGINAL

Kapappa Kapappa Nitori~ Onedan ijou Nitori~

WaluigiTime64

I couldn't fit the title into the subject bar lol:

- The Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Watched: MUS ORIGINAL

I've never been so annoyed at a song for being impossible to make fancy, without completely removing major elements. If anybody was expecting something really flashy for this one, you're not quite getting it I'm afraid. It's not like I'm a huge fan of the song anyway. The whole stage is really forgettable.

Also translation mishap is still a thing with this song. Still not sure if it's "watched" or "saw", even if they're synonyms. Must pick the right one.

WaluigiTime64

I'm probably going to just keep fixing these. If I suddenly stop arranging for a long time I'd at least like to have what is already there to be in a good state:

Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom:
 - Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When?: MUS ORIGINAL

This is another song that's hard to fancify, which is probably because most of it consists of copied sections in different keys. I did what I could, which isn't saying much, because I like to go for the same feel as the original songs, and this song has fairly boring aspects to it.

WaluigiTime64

More fix:

- Faith is for the Transient People: MUS ORIGINAL

I didn't actually do a whole lot lol. Just kinda made it look presentable, with a few things edited. Honestly it's almost the same sheet as before.

With this, I'm almost done with fixing up my MoF sheets. Afterwards I'll probably arrange the remaining songs (ex. "Player's Score", which was sniped arranged by Static a while ago). That'll make an entire Touhou OST, and probably the only one I'll be willing to do. MoF's soundtrack as a whole is just amazing.

WaluigiTime64

Woah. 10,000 views. People actually look at my thread. Amazing.

Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character:
 - Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess: MUS ORIGINAL

Such a grand song for such a tiny midget.

As a sort of "celebration" for obtaining 10,000 views (which isn't really that important anyway), I decided to arrange this song. One of the most popular final boss themes in the series, which is amazing considering how recent it is and the fact that the rest of the game isn't good lol. I think I might've gone a bit too far with a few things here and there in this arrangement, but I think it's possible.

Anyway, thanks for 10,000 views. It means I actually have a reason to be arranging that isn't just "because it's fun". I'll probably continue making sheets for a while, with full mixes slowly becoming a major part of my music, but that's not related to what I do here (except consume arranging time). Onward, to whatever amount of views I get in the future lol. Doesn't really matter, because I'm happy with what I have right now.

WaluigiTime64

I've been playing SoEW recently:

Touhou 2: Story of Eastern Wonderland:
 - She's in a Temper!!: MUS ORIGINAL

The first proper bullet hell game's first boss uses tanks against you and I think that's great.

WaluigiTime64

Naturally I would like to get a head start on the whole arranging thing:

Touhou 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons:
 - Deep-Mountain Encounter: MUS ORIGINAL

This song is so DDC-esque but like, actually good lol. Probably would've done the Stage 1 theme if a certain someone hadn't claimed it. Can't wait to see that though.

WaluigiTime64

Alrighty then:

Touhou 1: Highly Responsive to Prayers:
 - Eternal Shrine Maiden: MUS ORIGINAL

A good song. First stage theme in the series. Yes, I do only use the original songs as references, not the MS versions.