WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

Tobbeh99

You can submit max 2 submissions, it goes for everyone on the site, regardless of status/or how long you've been active. If 1 of your submissions get's accepted an put up on site in an update, you can submit 1 new submissions. So you can have max 2 running at a time, and if one get's uploaded, that means you 1 free spot back, and if 2 get's uploaded, you get 2 free spots.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Th3Gavst3r

To be clear, a submission is only removed from your count once it's literally on site after a site update (which happens every few weeks.) If it's "accepted" but an update hasn't happened yet, you'll have to wait to make a new submission

Tobbeh99

^^

Exactly! that's why you see a lot of new submissions just after an update, people are eager to submit new arrangement when they can. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Spree #1, time for more Donkey Kong 64!

Donkey Kong 64:
 - DK Isle (Jungle Japes): MUS
 - DK Isle (Angry Aztec): MUS
 - DK Isle (Frantic Factory): MUS
 - DK Isle (Crystal Caves): MUS
 - DK Isle (Creepy Castle): MUS
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

Oh wow!!
Is this Christmas or something? I'll personally take a look at each of these DK sheets. I'm a big fan of that game's music.

WaluigiTime64

Well, when I started, I only intended on making the Jungle Japes Lobby, but then it expanded, because they have the same melody. (I actually have the others, but I'm adjusting them as of now)

Also Donkey Kong 64 is a childhood favourite, and Grant Kirkhope is a legend, so that could also explain the amount of Donkey Kong 64 on the thread.

Sebastian

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 10, 2016, 02:31:17 PMWell, when I started, I only intended on making the Jungle Japes Lobby, but then it expanded, because they have the same melody. (I actually have the others, but I'm adjusting them as of now)
Can't wait to see more!

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 10, 2016, 02:31:17 PMAlso Donkey Kong 64 is a childhood favourite, and Grant Kirkhope is a legend, so that could also explain the amount of Donkey Kong 64 on the thread.
Grant Kirkhope's music is amazing. I love it.
I actually just started playing DK64 recently and I gotta say.....I love it!

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 10, 2016, 03:21:10 AM- DK Isle (Angry Aztec): MUS
Feedback for Angry Aztec:
- I would title this sheet "Angry Aztec Lobby." That title seems to be all over YouTube and seems to make more sense to me.

Right Hand:
M. 7: Put a courtesy accidental on the A.
M. 13-20: I would put staccatos on these notes since they sound more detached then the previous measures. Also, change the half notes to quarter notes and put staccatos on them.

Left Hand:
- M. 1: The G and C tie over to the next note.
- M. 3: The G and C tie over to the next note.
- M. 5: The correct notes are (from to top to bottom) G, D, not F, B.
- M. 7: The G and C tie over to the next note.
- M. 8: The second notes are (from top to bottom) F, C, not A, C.
- M. 10: This is how this measure should look:
Spoiler
[close]
- M. 11-20 are the same as 1-10. Use the feedback for 1-10 for 11-20.

Other:
- The copyright should be: "Nintendo, Rareware © 1999"
- The distribution of the measures could be done better. 6-5-5-5-5 would be great and well-spaced.

To save you trouble and time, here is the updated file (with everything above fixed).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4ebfqjuvzj7im4/Angry%20Aztec%20Lobby.mus?dl=1
If you have any questions or disagreements, please tell me! : )
Can't wait to see more and some of these on site!

WaluigiTime64

Thanks for that! It was nice of you to alter it yourself, and now the sheet is updated. I also edited the various text issues (and some notes) on all of my other Donkey Kong 64 sheets, so there's that done.
The titles are "X (Lobby)", just so it's slightly easier to differentiate between the various songs for a stage. (All songs except the main ones will have the brackets)
Also another one has been added:

Donkey Kong 64:
 - Fungi Forest (Lobby/Foyer) MUS

Right now it's in an "unplayable" state, but if I raise the LH by one octave, it should be fine. (It won't sound as nice though)

Sebastian

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 10, 2016, 05:03:14 PMThanks for that! It was nice of you to alter it yourself, and now the sheet is updated. I also edited the various text issues (and some notes) on all of my other Donkey Kong 64 sheets, so there's that done.
The titles are "X (Lobby)", just so it's slightly easier to differentiate between the various songs for a stage. (All songs except the main ones will have the brackets)
Awesome! Feel free to get that Aztec one submitted.

I'll try to take a look at some more of these later today.

Th3Gavst3r

Glanced over these while eating lunch :P Didn't look too deeply but here's some of the stuff easy to notice
Jungle Japes:
  • Should be in swing time, would help get rid of the weird sixteenth rests. Also the 8th notes in places like measure 3 need to be swung too.
  • There's a very quiet bass line you're missing. Try putting both voices you've got now as octaves in the right hand, that way the left can run the bass.
  • The first C and others like it should be held out longer.
Frantic Factory:
  • The string chords would probably be a better choice for the left hand than the wood block, which doesn't actually change pitches through the piece like you've got.
  • Your tempo is pretty slow, c'mon step it up!
  • If you can work it out, there's also an introduction of a string bass on the second repeat, which would be nice to hear.
Crystal Caves:
  • Tempo again
  • Your systems on page 2 are crazy far apart, there's no need for that.
  • No harmonies in the melody, that's just a weird resonance in the instrument they used.
  • Starting at measure 19, you've made it sound distinctly... minor I guess? Whatever you call it, the 8ths should definitely be different from what you've got.

Creepy Castle and Angry Aztec sound alright, didn't have time to hear Fungi Forest though. Maybe later, always glad to hear new stuff :)

WaluigiTime64

Ok, two things:
1. I think I did all I needed to for "Jungle Japes (Lobby)". (Swing, extending notes, bassline) The baseline might need some tweaking though.
2. I submitted "Angry Aztec (Lobby)"

I'll get to work on the others ASAP.

WaluigiTime64

Ok, 2 more things:
1. "Frantic Factory (Lobby)" has been updated, some tweaks might need to be made for the bass.

2. "Crystal Caves (Lobby)" is also updated, mostly to what you suggested, except:
Quote from: Th3Gavst3r•Starting at measure 19, you've made it sound distinctly... minor I guess? Whatever you call it, the 8ths should definitely be different from what you've got.
I don't know what you mean by this.

WaluigiTime64

Yet another thing: I arranged this song a while ago, but I didn't transfer it to a .mus file until now.

Donkey Kong 64:
 - Funky's Armoury MUS

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 11, 2016, 05:09:34 PMI don't know what you mean by this.
I just mean that you chose the wrong notes for the harp voice there and the ones you picked gave the song a very "melancholy" feel, characteristic of switching to a minor scale. At measure 19 and onwards, you should have something closer to what's below, probably keeping the harp in the same octave as before to keep the voicing consistent.