WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

WaluigiTime64

Actually 2 things:

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night:
 - Stirring an Autumn Moon ~ Mooned Insect MUS

And I updated "Hero Klungo Ssssavesss Teh World!". Staccatos will never stop being a pain.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

DonValentino

Hey, nice formatting! Couple of things at first glance:

- When the key is C sharp minor, the C nats should be B sharps.
- Grace notes: You got most of them right, but don't be afraid of writing F double sharp instead of G nat (same situation as in m 18, see that A sharp? That's flawless). Being as they are ascending patterns, a sharp is most recommended.

Nice work!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

One of my favourites from this game:

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night:
 - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World MUS

Look at that! It's an instant link! I might make the rest of the arrangement thread instant links.

WaluigiTime64

Hey look. My Arrangement Thread now has over a thousand views. That would deserve a milestone thing IMO, but I don't have anything special, so I'll just upload one of the Creepy Castle sheets I have ready, as a sneak-peek or something (because I'll probably release those in bulk).

Donkey Kong 64:
 - Creepy Castle (Grandhouse): MUS

Ah, Creepy Castle. Fond memories.

PetrifiedLasagna

I too have many fond memories of Creepy Castle... As a kid, it was the one level I was genuinely scared to explore like with most of the Metroid games. :P

The sheet looks great, I am looking forward to the rest since I remember there were quite a few good songs in Creepy Castle.

WaluigiTime64

I fun little song I arranged in around an hour:

Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
 - Drunk As I Like: MUS

I love it when Minor Key songs are really calm and catchy like this one.

Sebastian

Quote from: PetrifiedLasagna on May 07, 2016, 01:58:33 PMI too have many fond memories of Creepy Castle...
Creepy Castle is one of my favorite levels (if not my favorite) from DK64.

WaluigiTime64

I also think that Creepy Castle was the most tolerable (collectathon-wise), because of the way the various collectables were laid out. It may have been a hard level (and a "creepy" one at that), but it was still enjoyable.

WaluigiTime64

Late-night arranging is always a good thing:

- Wind God Girl (Aya's Theme) MUS

Sebastian

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 09, 2016, 05:29:03 AMI also think that Creepy Castle was the most tolerable (collectathon-wise), because of the way the various collectables were laid out.
Oh yeah totally. Frantic Factory reminds me of Creepy Castle in that same aspect.

WaluigiTime64

Half-an-hour songs are even better:

- Argue For And Against: MUS

I still need the trills/tremolos, but I think this has the notes down.

Also yay, 100 posts. Exactly HALF of them are on the Personal Arrangement Threads.

WaluigiTime64

Yet more from the Touhou fighting games. They're just so good, and a lot easier to arrange than the main-series ones.

Touhou 12.3: Unthinkable Natural Law:
 - Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea: MUS

I'm actually quite torn on this one. I really want more of the trumpets, but I can't get them to work well with the baseline. There's also Measure 27/28, which is more than unplayable for normal human hands. I'll also start posting those Creepy Castle and Angry Aztec arrangements shortly (I can't be certain, but oh well).

WaluigiTime64

So, instead of arranging more, I decided to look back at my older arrangements, the Mega Man ones. I realised there were a handful of problems I could fix, and an amount that I couldn't. Some are minor tweaks, staccatos, and one had majority of the bassline fixed. Some had the staves spaced-out too much, which is something I can't fix. The only arrangement I didn't fix was "Wily Tower: Stage 2", because that's currently getting constant updates due to being in submissions, and will be updated once I get a final version. Either way, I think that those sheets have been improved.

Tobbeh99

Sounds good! Something I do periodically to freshen up my arrangements. Even though, I still got some arrangements that needs to be fix/touched up :/.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh