Finale 2012 Problems (Primarily Concerning Measure Numbers and Aligning Text)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 16, 2016, 12:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Now, to start: I seriously don't know how to add an image.
Should there be more in this image? Because I always get told of a "Measure Button".
The supposed Measure Button is able to create measure numbers, which I have a real problem with.

Also I don't know how to align text. This one might be a little bit more obvious, but regardless I still don't know. This affects: Page Numbers, Mini-Titles (on multiple page arrangements), and Copyright/Url.

The only reason I need to know these things is because I can't find any way around them (that isn't tedious). I used to use Finale 2014 as a work-around, but the trial finished and now I can't submit sheet music to the site. (FORMATTING)
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

To clarify, that image says finale notepad 2012. The measure tool is unavailable in that version.

The keyboard shortcuts for aligning text is Ctrl Shift ' (for center aligned) Ctrl Shift [ (for left aligned) and Ctrl Shift ] (for right aligned). You would press these while you have the text drag-box highlighted. I don't remember, but this might also be something you can only do with the full version of Finale.

HOWEVER! If you use our FREE TEMPLATE FILE, COMPLETE WITH CORRECT FORMATTING it won't matter of you can aligned text or add measure numbers, because these things will be there from the beginning. All you have to do is add the text to the preexisting and correctly aligned text boxes, and start arranging.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

Yep, the template worked like a charm.
But regardless, if there is a free alternative to Finale NOTEPAD 2012, then I'd like to know.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Th3Gavst3r

I think some people use MuseScore, but the conversion always seems to be a pain. To be honest, Notepad is supposed to be the free alternative. Finale does have PrintMusic and SongWriter you can try too, after that I guess you can restore your computer and try them again? :P

WaluigiTime64

The thing is, is that I actually use MuseScore, but transferring it to Finale NotePad is the problem (because for whatever reason the .xml files are always missing Measure Numbers, Page Numbers and various Text). My original workaround was transferring to Finale 2014, adding the stuff I needed, and then transferring back to Notepad, which for whatever reason worked. Now that option isn't available, but I decided on an alternative. (copying onto the template).

Th3Gavst3r