DUET
3 (21.4%)
BOSSA NOVA
2 (14.3%)
THEME + VARIATIONS
5 (35.7%)
GIVE IT VOCALS/LYRICS
5 (35.7%)
Check this option if you want this contest to involve collaboration (i.e. two people per arrangement)
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 20, 2016, 04:29:45 PM

Bloop

As of now, Brainy is the only one who mentioned wanting to host this (I think). If he still wants to, I say go ahead!

Latios212

Okey doke, go ahead Brainy~

Whenever you're ready, make a topic for participant/judge sign-ups!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

Two different series, huh. Is it alright to use multiple pieces from both series? And perhaps some extra?

Dekkadeci

Also, does all the musical material have to be derived from the pieces I chose or can I compose original material (for transitions, endings, introductions, etc.) and put it in my entry?

(Don't worry; the pieces I choose will have very prominent roles in my entry...)

MaestroUGC

Considering I've participated in several of these things and used original material for various purposes in them, I'd argue it'd be fine as long as they don't overshadow or otherwise obscure the main theme(s) you're working with.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Latios212

This is all up to the new host/judge panel to decide. But I'd suggest sticking mainly to two themes, tossing in original material and references to other tracks as you please so long as, as Maestro said, they don't detract from the focus.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

Also, what counts as "pieces from two different series"? Example of how messy this can get is below:
  • Undeniably, Techock and Electroman Adventures are from two different series and do not share a series--Techock is in Castle Crashers but not Geometry Dash, while Electroman Adventures is in Geometry Dash but not Castle Crashers.
  • But Jumper and Electroman Adventures are from two different series, aren't they? Jumper is in Castle Crashers and Electroman Adventures is in Geometry Dash...
  • Wait...no...Jumper is also in Geometry Dash.
  • Assuming Jumper and Electroman Adventures count as being from the same series, do Katamari on the Rocks and Soulcalibur II: Brave Sword, Braver Soul count as being from the same series, as they both show up in Taiko: Drum Master?
  • But one of the songs above is from Katamari Damacy and the other is from the Soulcalibur series...
  • Pushing the above to the extreme, do two songs count as being from the same series if they both show up in the same Super Smash Bros. game, or do only songs original to the Smash Bros. series count as songs from Smash Bros.?
  • If you draw the line somewhere in the middle (e.g. I count Jumper and Electroman Adventures as being from the same series but I don't count 2 songs that are remixed in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as being from the same series), where do you draw the line?

And I hope there's a rule against rearranging an existing medley, right? (I don't think a rearrangement of Taiko March is in the spirit of the competition, despite the song already combining themes from Sky Kid, The Tower of Druaga, and Legend of Valkyrie.)

(I have multiple entry ideas involving two songs from very different series that I do not believe share a game; don't worry. I just think too much like a tester sometimes...)

MaestroUGC

The line can get muddled with multiple games from the same publisher/developer, especially ones that share the same dev team/composer. I'd say the pieces in question should be series exclusive, so as to avoid the line altogether.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

daj

I just realised this thingy existed :D

Oh boy, this is going to be awesome <3

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.