DUET
3 (21.4%)
BOSSA NOVA
2 (14.3%)
THEME + VARIATIONS
5 (35.7%)
GIVE IT VOCALS/LYRICS
5 (35.7%)
Check this option if you want this contest to involve collaboration (i.e. two people per arrangement)
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 20, 2016, 04:29:45 PM

BrainyLucario

I mean...I guess we should consider this. Who knows, we might have to do this in the future. Might as well allow it now.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Ōkami~MD

Also just throwing in an idea....

We could do a kind of 'relay arrangement', where you're in teams of (say) 4 and you each have (insert time limit here) to do some of the arrangement.

E.g person 1 gets told what the piece of music to be arranged is but they tell no one and do not put it in the title, so they must complete as much of it so that it's obvious what the tune is, onto person 2, they continue the arrangement, same with person 3, then when it reaches person 4, they must make it upload worthy and make sure everything is correct. The hardest jobs are 1 and 4 so less experienced arrangers can also help too.

It may seem pretty convoluted and I won't be upset iff you diss it but, just throwing it out there y'see?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Ōkami~MD on April 12, 2016, 11:32:15 AMAlso just throwing in an idea....

We could do a kind of 'relay arrangement', where you're in teams of (say) 4 and you each have (insert time limit here) to do some of the arrangement.

E.g person 1 gets told what the piece of music to be arranged is but they tell no one and do not put it in the title, so they must complete as much of it so that it's obvious what the tune is, onto person 2, they continue the arrangement, same with person 3, then when it reaches person 4, they must make it upload worthy and make sure everything is correct. The hardest jobs are 1 and 4 so less experienced arrangers can also help too.

It may seem pretty convoluted and I won't be upset iff you diss it but, just throwing it out there y'see?
I like the concept, but the Idea of the other 3 members not knowing the song person #1 chooses might not work so well. Besides that, it sounds like a cool idea. It goes a step further (maybe even two) than a regular collaboration.

TooFarGann

Quote from: Ōkami~MD on April 12, 2016, 11:32:15 AMAlso just throwing in an idea....

I love this idea.

fingerz

...What if someone has no freakin' idea what the piece is? I only listen to high-quality videogame rips a very select amount of Nintendo music, so if it wasn't a common tune, I'd be lost. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bloop

I also don't think it's a good idea to let 4 people make a sheet within 4 deadlines; the contests aren't fanous for its contestants being on time with their sheet

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bloop on April 13, 2016, 03:04:53 PMI also don't think it's a good idea to let 4 people make a sheet within 4 deadlines; the contests aren't famous for its contestants being on time with their sheet
Quote from: Bloop on April 13, 2016, 03:04:53 PMthe contests aren't famous for its contestants being on time with their sheet
Quote from: Bloop on April 13, 2016, 03:04:53 PMbeing on time

Definitely the biggest issue here. If one person commits but then doesn't do their part, the whole group is screwed over. Also, this could turn into one person doing 90% of the work and the other 3 only doing 10%. Overall, it just wouldn't work. Musicians are not famous for being organized nor timely.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Dudeman

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on April 13, 2016, 04:02:57 PMMusicians are not famous for being organized nor timely.
*cough* superlatives *cough*
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:04:19 PM*cough* superlatives *cough*

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 1, 13700000000 BC, 12:00:00 AMWhere are my superlatives?

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

cashwarrior1

mikey

unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Bloop on April 13, 2016, 03:04:53 PMI also don't think it's a good idea to let 4 people make a sheet within 4 deadlines; the contests aren't fanous for its contestants being on time with their sheet

We could just make the deadline 4 times as long. I believe the idea could work, but this idea doesn't really have anything to judge on. We could add this to other ideas, say making the contest a Jazz It Up (4-person relay) Arrangement contest as an example. This way the pieces would be easier to judge.