DUET
3 (21.4%)
BOSSA NOVA
2 (14.3%)
THEME + VARIATIONS
5 (35.7%)
GIVE IT VOCALS/LYRICS
5 (35.7%)
Check this option if you want this contest to involve collaboration (i.e. two people per arrangement)
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 20, 2016, 04:29:45 PM

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, so who all is planning on participating? More importantly, should this idea become the theme, if I participated, who would be willing to collab with me?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

I'm only participating if I get to do bossa nova
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

It would probably ideal if Latios added a poll at this point.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Latios212

Someone update me on what the choices/options are? I've been kinda busy.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

I think everyone here is nice and friendly enough that choosing partners shouldn't be an issue
unmotivated

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on March 10, 2016, 09:27:20 AMSomeone update me on what the choices/options are? I've been kinda busy.
1. Mixing two songs from two different series together
2. Jazz it up/bossa nova
3. Collaboration between two people (possibly a duet song)
4. Combine a VG and Christmas song

I'm fine with collabing with anyone, but I'll likely not participate for #2 or 4 (I'm fine with doing a jazzy song if it's a part of the collab though)

MaestroUGC

If anything 1 and 3 should prove to be the most engaging of what has been suggested, though I'm not a fan of collaborating to produce a duet.

Also, if we opt for the collab idea, we should allow people who want to compete alone to do so. Some people may not want to worry about a partner or risk being saddled with someone who might not do much.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

I disagree. If we do duets, it should be all or none, especially if that's the theme of the contest. If someone does not wish to collaborate, they do not have to sign up (Imo, is someone does not want to collaborate, it would probably be better for them to do it anyway. Working as a team is a good life skill). How would you even hold the two different scenarios to the same standard for judging?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 10, 2016, 12:21:23 PMHow would you even hold the two different scenarios to the same standard for judging?
Well the only way to judge something like this is to treat each entry as though it was written by a single person. It's not like you'd know who wrote specific bars, handled orchestration, or even how artistic direction was decided. There's also the flip side of this of having one person just take over the entire project, a matter of dominant and assertive personalities.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

E. Gadd Industries

I'm just going to put it out there that I don't particularly like #4. I mean, it'd be fun around Christmas. Also going to state that if I do sign up, my work will be jazzy either way. I will find some way to implement it in our/my work.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Bloop

Wait, if we're going with the collab idea, we should still have a theme for the piece that is going to be written, right? There isn't really a way to judge the collab-part of a piece, like Maestro said, so we can't put it as the main and only theme.
What if we put option 1 (song mash-up) and 3 (collab) together? Write a piece that mixes two VG songs with a partner. That way we 'double' the song choice and the participant.

mikey

unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Bloop on March 10, 2016, 02:33:30 PMWrite a piece that mixes two VG songs with a partner.
Yeah, one person could do one VG song and the other could do the other VG song!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Bloop on March 10, 2016, 02:33:30 PMWait, if we're going with the collab idea, we should still have a theme for the piece that is going to be written, right? There isn't really a way to judge the collab-part of a piece, like Maestro said, so we can't put it as the main and only theme.
What if we put option 1 (song mash-up) and 3 (collab) together? Write a piece that mixes two VG songs with a partner. That way we 'double' the song choice and the participant.
That's a really great Idea!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

fingerz

Agreed. Let's do it! :D

Also, I'm not officially free until the end of June, so if you want to start before then I won't be able to participate... Not that it's a huge problem. I love judging, so just figure it out and I'll either compete or judge. ^^
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn