News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest No. 8 - Brainstorming *poll*

Started by Latios212, March 06, 2016, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le theme

JAZZ IT UP
5 (35.7%)
TWO SONG MASH-UP
12 (85.7%)
CHRISTMAS VARIATION
0 (0%)
DUET
3 (21.4%)
BOSSA NOVA
2 (14.3%)
THEME + VARIATIONS
5 (35.7%)
GIVE IT VOCALS/LYRICS
5 (35.7%)
Check this option if you want this contest to involve collaboration (i.e. two people per arrangement)
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 20, 2016, 04:29:45 PM

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 08, 2016, 05:21:11 PMfor my first contest I did a piano solo and it didn't go well

What are you talking about? I remember that contest and yours was great! Even more so since it was your first attempt at something like this! You are too hard on yourself. :/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

If you pull the bespinben filter, you'll say that all your sheets are bad
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

I'll be totally participating next time. Can't wait!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 08, 2016, 06:18:17 PMWhat are you talking about? I remember that contest and yours was great! Even more so since it was your first attempt at something like this! You are too hard on yourself. :/
^^
Give yourself some credit, Noc. You're an awesome guy!

Sebastian

(Double post)

I have an idea for the next project. Mixing a Christmas song with a Video Game song. It's not really that time of year, but it's an idea I've been hanging on to for a while :P

mikey

ew, no
following up on the collaboration idea, what if two people collaborated to make a duet?  I also feel like it would increase the submissions we have at the end since people will be more motivated to work on it with another person
unmotivated

Zeila

I like the duet idea, but it kind of limits people on which songs they choose (unless they aren't doing solely piano, or write out a second part altogether). Also, like noc said, I feel like I'd be more motivated to complete it. Maybe people who are busy/unmotivated/w/e could group together so that it's more likely that both people in a group don't finish as opposed to two people bringing down two others

I don't particularly like the Christmas idea though, but I'm not totally opposed to it.

fingerz

Uhh, maybe do the Christmas one in December. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

cashwarrior1

I like the idea of doing a duet, but I just don't know how it'd work :P

mikey

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 09, 2016, 02:44:59 PMI like the idea of doing a duet, but I just don't know how it'd work :P
each person would choose an instrument and either work on the duet together, constantly sharing the document, or decide who gets which voices and makes the primo and secondo parts independently then puts them together when completed
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Christmas songs: dumb idea
Duets: cool idea

I would be down for duet collabs, that sounds like so much fun!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

You should totally do a duet, just du et!

Olimar12345

E. Gadd Industries

I know this question was asked before, but I don't remember seeing an answer:
So, how would the teams be decided? Casting lots? Draw straws? Sacrifice?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

If a person wanted to participate in the contest, I think it would be their job to find someone to arrange with. The contest isn't going to be for a little bit, so that should give people plenty of time to chat with members and find a partner. If all else fails, when the contest gets here, I could just randomly select pairs from the list of participants. If there is someone left over, we could have a group of three, i suppose.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: BrainyLucario on March 10, 2016, 05:50:01 AMIf a person wanted to participate in the contest, I think it would be their job to find someone to arrange with. The contest isn't going to be for a little bit, so that should give people plenty of time to chat with members and find a partner. If all else fails, when the contest gets here, I could just randomly select pairs from the list of participants. If there is someone left over, we could have a group of three, i suppose.

Exactly what I thought.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh