News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest No. 8 - Brainstorming *poll*

Started by Latios212, March 06, 2016, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le theme

JAZZ IT UP
5 (35.7%)
TWO SONG MASH-UP
12 (85.7%)
CHRISTMAS VARIATION
0 (0%)
DUET
3 (21.4%)
BOSSA NOVA
2 (14.3%)
THEME + VARIATIONS
5 (35.7%)
GIVE IT VOCALS/LYRICS
5 (35.7%)
Check this option if you want this contest to involve collaboration (i.e. two people per arrangement)
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 20, 2016, 04:29:45 PM

Olimar12345

What if we team up in pairs for collaborations?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2016, 06:34:54 PMidk how to work together though
Well, one person places a note, then the next person places a note, and you take turns until there's finally one measure.

Dudeman

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 07, 2016, 06:37:27 PMWell, one person places a note, then the next person places a note, and you take turns until there's finally one measure.
Instructions unclear, Finale on fire
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

fingerz

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 07, 2016, 06:11:03 PMWhat if we team up in pairs for collaborations?
I like this. It means those who find doing a whole piece daunting can work with another. :)

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2016, 04:20:36 PMI like jazz as much as the next guy but I think it could be a bit of a turn-off for those who don't like jazz
Where are these people and how can I rid the world of them?
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bloop

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 07, 2016, 06:11:03 PMWhat if we team up in pairs for collaborations?
How would the pairing go? Would it be random or be determined by the judges or something else?

Quote from: fingerz on March 07, 2016, 11:46:18 PMWhere are these people and how can I rid the world of them?
*runs*

E. Gadd Industries

I like the idea of a collab theme, and of course mine would be a swinging jazz, theme or not.  ;) Of course, that's provided I sign up and actually DO something this time... XD
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

fingerz

Quote from: Bloop on March 08, 2016, 12:40:48 AM*runs*
Don't worry, Bloop! I wouldn't kill you! We could work together and create a third-stream sensation! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

InsigTurtle

push the definition of music

minimalist interpretation of vg music

KappaRoss

cashwarrior1

Question: Is this an orchestrated piece or piano?

Olimar12345

Depends on the contest we decide to do. Most of the time the instrumentation is up to you.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

for my first contest I did a piano solo and it didn't go well
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Well, if you pull the BespinBen filter, you'll do great!