News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest No. 8 - Brainstorming *poll*

Started by Latios212, March 06, 2016, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le theme

JAZZ IT UP
5 (35.7%)
TWO SONG MASH-UP
12 (85.7%)
CHRISTMAS VARIATION
0 (0%)
DUET
3 (21.4%)
BOSSA NOVA
2 (14.3%)
THEME + VARIATIONS
5 (35.7%)
GIVE IT VOCALS/LYRICS
5 (35.7%)
Check this option if you want this contest to involve collaboration (i.e. two people per arrangement)
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 20, 2016, 04:29:45 PM

Latios212

You know the drill! What'll the theme be next time around?

Poll is up
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

I think Maestro proposed the idea of mashing up two songs from different series, which I particularly like.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

fingerz

I totally knew you would use that song. :P

How about a JAZZ IT UP contest? Take a song and turn it into a Big Band Swing, Latin, Bossa-Nova, Bebop, Ballad, etc. I'd love to see moar Jazz around here! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

We should wait until May for schooooolll to be done! :D
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fingerz

I agree. I might even have time to join it. ;)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

cashwarrior1

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 06, 2016, 09:42:52 PMWe should wait until May for schooooolll to be done! :D
Please, do this. I actually really wanna submit something this time.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Hey I don't mind. I'm not even the host anymore (right?). I say we wait, but let's decide on a theme in the meantime!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

In for Host

I actually like The JAZZ IT UP Idea, to be honest. It's something that could easily be done and isn't really restrictive on what arrangers can do with the song.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Bloop

I actually think the jazz-idea is more restricting than the two song mashup, because it forces you into that particular style. When putting two songs together, you can make it as jazzy or classical or br00tal as you like. I personally like the mashup better, but that's probably because I've always put more songs together in all my arrangement contest submissions. (I also don't have that much knowledge about jazz music)

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Bloop on March 07, 2016, 09:53:42 AMI actually think the jazz-idea is more restricting than the two song mashup, because it forces you into that particular style. When putting two songs together, you can make it as jazzy or classical or br00tal as you like. I personally like the mashup better, but that's probably because I've always put more songs together in all my arrangement contest submissions. (I also don't have that much knowledge about jazz music)
That is true now that I think about it. I still like the Jazz idea more but I kind of have a preference for Jazz arrangements.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

cashwarrior1

Would if we had to mash up two different jazz songs?

fingerz

Quote from: Bloop on March 07, 2016, 09:53:42 AMI actually think the jazz-idea is more restricting than the two song mashup, because it forces you into that particular style. When putting two songs together, you can make it as jazzy or classical or br00tal as you like. I personally like the mashup better, but that's probably because I've always put more songs together in all my arrangement contest submissions. (I also don't have that much knowledge about jazz music)
There are a lot of different Jazz styles, though. It doesn't just have to swing; it could be a ballad or bossa-nova, etc. There's HEAPS of Nintendo Jazz-esque music to check out (Super Mario 3D World or Mario Kart 8).

You could write it as either a traditional Jazz piece (chords, solo section, etc.) or just notate the whole thing! It'd be a great learning experience for all! :D

mikey

I like jazz as much as the next guy but I think it could be a bit of a turn-off for those who don't like jazz
perhaps we should follow up on the previous one and do an ensemble of our "main" instrument whether or not that be piano
unmotivated