News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Collaborative Cover (Potential) Project!

Started by mastersuperfan, February 29, 2016, 02:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Too often I feel that piano arrangements are too limiting, and that we could make something bigger out of an arrangement. And today I got this idea... why not a big-scale collaborative cover by the community of NSM? I think we would really be able to make a great piece of work as a community... that is, if we ever manage to get this finished. I doubt this will ever be finished in the near future, but perhaps at a time when we are more available, such as in the summer, this could potentially become a reality. (Key word: potentially.)

If we decide to go through with this, we'll need a person or people to arrange the music for all the available instruments. We'll also need a cast of instruments, so feel free to post what instruments you play.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions for a theme to cover? (Preferably from a video game, since after all, NSM is about video game music.)

Worst case scenario, this thread just dies and becomes forgotten eventually... but best case scenario, we can make a great America video game music cover through this (potential) project.

Possible Participants:
  • mastersuperfan - Piano
  • braixen1264 - Acoustic Guitar
  • E. Gadd Industries - Piano
  • Olimar12345 - Bass Trombone, Baritone Horn, Melodica
  • Altissimo - Trumpet
  • Latios212 - Piano
  • Yug Guy - Piano, Drum Set
  • Zunawe - Trombone, Ocarina
  • cashwarrior1 - Hand Percussion
  • Sebastian - Cello
  • JDMEK5 - Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Bass, Harmonica, Banjo, Cuatro
  • Th3Gast3r - Clarinet, Tenor Sax, Mellophone
(I'm leaving out the ones that people are tentative on/not very good at, but if someone still wants to try one of your iffy instruments, feel free to post about it.)

(I say possible because, with the smaller scale covers that I'd like to get done, chances are not everyone is going to be involved in each cover. Arrangers are also needed for this to work, but those can be decided upon after the theme is chosen, unless someone wants to arrange no matter what.)

Possible Themes:
  • "And what if I can't? What if I'm not worthy of her ideals?" - Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Route 201 - Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (Arranged by braixen1264)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Magiiiiic!
And well, I can do non-pitched percussion or other rhythm instruments & although I don't play these instruments, I think I could do any Big Band. But if not, then piano will be fine.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mastersuperfan

I think a better idea might be to have it be of a smaller scale than those that Olimar posted, especially since... well, if you look at the arrangements for the other two, they're something like 80% piano.

So, perhaps, having smaller, but multiple ones, where a few people are involved for each (and this way we could have multiple pianists without 10+ pianos in one cover) would be more effective in getting the project done.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

braix

Like check route 201 in my arrangement thread. I'm thinking we could manage a bunch of small things like that

mikey

I can play on a makeshift drum set if it's desperate but I no longer have a real one
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

OP updated.

Personally, I'd like to suggest "And what if I can't? What if I'm not worthy of her ideals?" from Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's quite simple and short, which would be a nice start, but still an amazing piece of music.

If you really want to suggest something, go for it, but I'd like to encourage people to see what has been suggested and see if they'd be willing to support one of those, since I don't want suggestions to be flooding up until there are too many that we can't make a decision.

Latios212

I like both of those choices.

I can do piano. And maybe play the recorder or whistle. But mostly piano lol.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AwesomeYears

I can do organ, piano strings or even euphonium if you like!

Yug_Guy

Obviously I can do piano. I can also do basic drumset (not anything super fancy), though I'd have to go back home in order to play.  Otherwise... I've got a harmonica? (though it can't play sharps or flats...)

Dude

I'm pretty good with UTAU, does that count for anything?