News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXIX Player Sign Ups

Started by davy, February 27, 2016, 03:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which game will be given the title TWG LXXXIX?

Olimar12345's Updatin'
5 (71.4%)
Nocturne's Thar Be n00bs in This Here Town
2 (28.6%)
davy's How to Kill TWG
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: July 06, 2016, 01:08:36 PM

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

davy

Okay, I don't think we will get many more players, so potential host should make an 8 player game. If you want to host, please submit your game before july 2nd 10:00PM CET
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Olimar12345

I'll give it a shot I guess.

Updatin'

Updaters win when all of the arrangers' submissions are gone. The updaters know each other. They have two abilities: 1) they can reject a submission (cancel the effect of a submission in use) or 2) they can accept a submission (remove an arrangers submission when not in use). The updater does not need to specify which ability they are using, only the arranger they are targeting. This ability automatically targets submissions in use over idol ones. Each updater may use one of these abilities per night phase by pm-ing the host.

Arrangers win when they kill both updaters via lynch (lol). Arrangers do not know each other. They get two "submissions." These are abilities that can be used once per night, until they are gone. When used, the arranger gets a randomized outcome of potential knowledge. The possibilities will be one of the following:
1) seer a player
2) nothing

The player will only be notified if they successfully seer another player. To use it, the arranger must pm the host.

Each day phase the players will vote to lynch someone, deleting all of their submissions and removing them from the game (Also note that this is the only way to be removed from the game). Arrangers who don't vote lose a submission. Each night phase the arrangers and updaters may choose to use one of their abilities. They may also choose not to use an ability.

1) Updater - accept/reject
2) Updater - accept/reject
3) Arranger - 2 subs
4) Arranger - 2 subs
5) Arranger - 2 subs
6) Arranger - 2 subs
7) Arranger - 2 subs
8) Arranger - 2 subs

First attempt at a game. Hopefully it's not that bad.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Thar Be n00bs in This Here Town

A New-Player Friendly Game

Master Wolf-The Master Wolf is seered green.
Wolf-The wolves know each other.  Each night, the wolves may choose 1 player to kill.
Miller-The miller is seered red.
Human
Human
Human
Human
-Humans don't know each other.  Each day, every player votes for 1 person to lynch.  The person with the most votes dies.
Seer
-Each night, the seer chooses 1 person.  At the beginning of the next day phase, they are sent a PM with that player's color.
Guardian
-Each night, the guardian chooses 1 person.  If that player would get wolfed, the day's update will say they survived a wolfing.

If this is your third TWG or less, you MUST vote for this game.  New rule.
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 29, 2016, 11:44:51 AMI'll give it a shot I guess.

Updatin'
Spoiler
Updaters win when all of the arrangers' submissions are gone. The updaters know each other. They have two abilities: 1) they can reject a submission (cancel the effect of a submission in use) or 2) they can accept a submission (remove an arrangers submission when not in use). The updater does not need to specify which ability they are using, only the arranger they are targeting. This ability automatically targets submissions in use over idol ones. Each updater may use one of these abilities per night phase by pm-ing the host.

Arrangers win when they kill both updaters via lynch (lol). Arrangers do not know each other. They get two "submissions." These are abilities that can be used once per night, until they are gone. When used, the arranger gets a randomized outcome of potential knowledge. The possibilities will be one of the following:
1) seer a player
2) nothing

The player will only be notified if they successfully seer another player. To use it, the arranger must pm the host.

Each day phase the players will vote to lynch someone, deleting all of their submissions and removing them from the game (Also note that this is the only way to be removed from the game). Arrangers who don't vote lose a submission. Each night phase the arrangers and updaters may choose to use one of their abilities. They may also choose not to use an ability.

3) Arranger - 2 subs
4) Arranger - 2 subs
5) Arranger - 2 subs
6) Arranger - 2 subs
7) Arranger - 2 subs
8) Arranger - 2 subs

[close]
My main concerns with the game are seerings that can randomly fail and wolves with no power to kill confirmed humans. Humans can gamble and all use a sub night one, having the chance of finding both wolves immidiately, as well as the chance to confirm up to four humans. Or they might get no results and waste all their subs. Alternatively, never using subs and lynching randomly gives the humans around 3 mislynches to kill 2 wolves.

So in order to fix this, I suggest that arrangers with no subs die. Additionally, I'd suggest that rejecting a submission inverts the color results that the arrangers get rather than flat out blocking it. In that case humans won't have perfect accuracy with their succesful seerings. Finally, I suggest removing the chance of seerings randomly failing. If you think seerings are too powerful, you can add a maximum amount of subs that can be sent in each night and automatically cancel every sub beyong that.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 29, 2016, 01:01:11 PMThar Be n00bs in This Here Town
Spoiler
[/size]
A New-Player Friendly Game

Wolf
Wolf
-The wolves know each other.  Each night, the wolves may choose 1 player to kill.
Human
Human
Human
Human
-Humans don't know each other.  Each day, every player votes for 1 person to lynch.  The person with the most votes dies.
Seer
-Each night, the seer chooses 1 person.  At the beginning of the next day phase, they are sent a PM with that player's color.
Guardian
-Each night, the guardian chooses 1 person.  If that player would get wolfed, the day's update will say they survived a wolfing.

If this is your third TWG or less, you MUST vote for this game.  New rule.
[close]
I apperciate your attempt to make a beginner friendly game, but perfect seerings will allow the humans to wreck the wolf team, as we have seen in recent games. Therefore, I suggest changing one of the humans into a miller and one of the wolves into a Master Wolf, and then the game is good to go.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Olimar12345

Quote from: davy on July 01, 2016, 03:53:46 PMMy main concerns with the game are seerings that can randomly fail and wolves with no power to kill confirmed humans. Humans can gamble and all use a sub night one, having the chance of finding both wolves immidiately, as well as the chance to confirm up to four humans. Or they might get no results and waste all their subs. Alternatively, never using subs and lynching randomly gives the humans around 3 mislynches to kill 2 wolves.

So in order to fix this, I suggest that arrangers with no subs die. Additionally, I'd suggest that rejecting a submission inverts the color results that the arrangers get rather than flat out blocking it. In that case humans won't have perfect accuracy with their succesful seerings. Finally, I suggest removing the chance of seerings randomly failing. If you think seerings are too powerful, you can add a maximum amount of subs that can be sent in each night and automatically cancel every sub beyong that.

Hm, I like that. For a minute I was thinking that the loss of both subs equaling death would make it too easy for the wolves to win, but then I remembered that only lynches kill players. To be fair though, this game isn't about killing players, so loosing your subs means the same thing as death (approaches wolf victory) so I guess removing players from the game upon losing subs wouldn't be that drastic. I'll add that in there.

As far as the seerings go, you're suggesting trading an upped success rate for humans for a painting ability for wolves? I think that could work. Did you mean for the seerings to still be random though? (I'll leave them this way until you respond).

try this:

Updatin'
ver. 2.0

Updaters win when all of the arrangers' submissions are gone. The updaters know each other. They have two abilities: 1) they can reject a submission (inverts the color of a submission in use) or 2) they can accept a submission (remove an arrangers submission when not in use). The updater does not need to specify which ability they are using, only the arranger they are targeting. This ability automatically targets submissions in use over idol ones. Each updater may use one of these abilities per night phase by pm-ing the host.

Arrangers win when they kill both updaters via lynch (lol). Arrangers do not know each other. They get two "submissions." These are abilities that can be used once per night, until they are gone. When used, the arranger gets to seer a random player. To use it, the arranger must pm the host. Once an arranger uses both of their submission, they are dead.

Each day phase the players will vote to lynch someone, deleting all of their submissions and removing them from the game. Arrangers who don't vote lose a submission. Each night phase the arrangers and updaters may choose to use one of their abilities. They may also choose not to use an ability.

3) Arranger - 2 subs
4) Arranger - 2 subs
5) Arranger - 2 subs
6) Arranger - 2 subs
7) Arranger - 2 subs
8) Arranger - 2 subs

davy

Now for my own game:

TWG LXXXIX: How to Kill TWG

There's no seering in this game, so colors are just for convenience.

Wolves
1. Breaking the rules - Can wolf a player during the night phase. If he wolves a player, Inactivity cannot use its power during the same night phase.
2. Inactivity - Cannot wolf. Each night phase can target one player, except himself or Breaking the rules. That player loses his vote. If Inactivity uses its power, Breaking the rules cannot wolf during the same night phase. Inactivity's voting power changes based on the amount of times it succesfully caused a player to lose its vote:
        0 times: vote counts for 1
        1 time: vote counts for 1,01
        2 times: vote counts for 2,01
        3 times or more: Any vote he casts immediately causes an insta.

Humans:
3. TWC Member - Known for his abuse of power frivolousness, he can ban (=vigi) one player each night phase. Additionally, during any phase, but one time only, he can post the name of a player that was vigi'd followed by 'that ban was just a joke, also, frivolous.' to revive that player at the end of the phase.
4. Host - In an attempt to keep his game alive he can convince a player to keep playing (=guard) each night phase. This protects them from both Inactivity and Breaking the rules. Cannot guard self. Each time he guards a player that was also guarded the night phase before, a random human other than the host and the guarded player loses his vote, because the game is no fun if the host has favorites. This loss of votes doesn't count towards Inactivity's voting power, unless Inactivity targets the same player at any point in the game.
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human

davy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 01, 2016, 04:13:01 PMAs far as the seerings go, you're suggesting trading an upped success rate for humans for a painting ability for wolves? I think that could work. Did you mean for the seerings to still be random though? (I'll leave them this way until you respond).

I overlooked that the seerings are random. That actually makes it better as long as the humans get to know what player they got the result from. Version 2.0 looks fine.

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on July 01, 2016, 04:20:22 PM3. TWC Member - Known for his abuse of power frivolousness, he can ban (=vigi) one player each night phase. Additionally, during any phase he can post the name of a player that was vigi'd followed by 'that ban was just a joke, also, frivolous.' to revive that player at the end of the night phase.
I don't care if I'm not in this time around, this game needs to be used now
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

I was considering a Miller, but I figured a game skewed in favor of humans would make it easier for players to focus on the core gameplay.  I've added the extra colors though.
Quote from: Dudeman on July 01, 2016, 04:25:17 PMI don't care if I'm not in this time around, this game needs to be used now
it would be super easy for any of us to add a single human to our games if you want to play
unmotivated

Dudeman

Nah, I'm done with TWG for the time being. But that role was just hilarious.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheZeldaPianist275

Can I jump IN without throwing off the game balance?

Hey, everyone.  Been a few years, but I've been watching the site update.  Nice to be back.

mikey

yeah, adding a single human to any of the games seems super easy to do
unmotivated

davy

I'm not really sure, part of me is saying that we should welcome any player due to the small player base, another part is saying I'd rather have a substitute to replace inactive players, which could have had come in handy during a couple of the previous games.