News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Super Mario Maker Tournament!

Started by Sebastian, February 26, 2016, 11:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

I think we've found the next RubberRoss, ladies and gentlemen...
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

JDMEK5

I would participate in this. And by "stump Maestro" you mean in puzzle or flat out difficulty?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 09, 2016, 07:11:39 PMI would participate in this. And by "stump Maestro" you mean in puzzle or flat out difficulty?
Either. I was thinking puzzle, but difficulty would be good too.

JDMEK5

I've got levels that puzzle, I've got levels that astonish, and I sure as heck have levels that induce rage-quitting.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

MaestroUGC

I fully intend to follow through with this, even if the turnout is low. Keep in mind, while I don't mind difficult puzzles, I will be analyzing them and giving them full critics as if they were "real" levels, for lack of a better word. I'll be playing with my "critic" hat on, and people can tell you I don't judge easy.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 09, 2016, 07:15:24 PMI fully intend to follow through with this, even if the turnout is low. Keep in mind, while I don't mind difficult puzzles, I will be analyzing them and giving them full critics as if they were "real" levels, for lack of a better word. I'll be playing with my "critic" hat on, and people can tell you I don't judge easy.
Haha I gotcha. So having a level way too ridiculously hard would kill the creator for just an absurd difficulty level, yeah?

My Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 09, 2016, 07:16:15 PMHaha I gotcha. So having a level way too ridiculously hard would kill the creator for just an absurd difficulty level, yeah?
Well, there goes ITAWJ.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 09, 2016, 07:15:24 PMI fully intend to follow through with this, even if the turnout is low. Keep in mind, while I don't mind difficult puzzles, I will be analyzing them and giving them full critics as if they were "real" levels, for lack of a better word. I'll be playing with my "critic" hat on, and people can tell you I don't judge easy.
Go right ahead! I like having tough criticism for my levels; helps me improve!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

MaestroUGC

mastersuperfan

Mind if I post one of my own? I haven't touched the game since November, so this level is pretty old, without any of the features in newer updates, but I still think it's worth a shot.

Pursuit ~ Cornered Var. (PW: AA)
3BB8-0000-006A-28F7
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

MaestroUGC

The codes for Seb's and cash's levels didn't work, so all I could do were E. Gadd's. I left a comment on one of them, but I can write up a full review later this weekend of the two you posted.

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JDMEK5

I took way to long to get these to you but here are mine:

Kanto Plains Dungeon - 0F6B-0000-01A9-3C98
This is my most recent work, as well as my puzzle level. Do whatever it takes to win.

Twin Dragon Canyon - 60BF-0000-0207-AC91
Here there are two ways to beat the level. Two routes: an overworld and an underworld. I believe it needs no more explanation.

Tender Mountain - 81DB-0000-0113-E01E
This is my griefer level. It's not ridiculously tough, but it isn't exactly a walk in the park either. This is my oldest level of the three.

Bear in mind all 3 levels were made before the new update with the new building features and I didn't change them to implement these things. Enjoy.

My Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

...Does Twin Dragon reference Wario World, or am I trying to connect nonexistent dots?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JDMEK5

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 27, 2016, 02:31:41 PM...Does Twin Dragon reference Wario World, or am I trying to connect nonexistent dots?
Those are nonexistent dots. I've never played Wario World.

My Arrangements

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 25, 2016, 09:06:16 PMI took way to long to get these to you but here are mine:

Kanto Plains Dungeon - 0F6B-0000-01A9-3C98
This is my most recent work, as well as my puzzle level. Do whatever it takes to win.

Twin Dragon Canyon - 60BF-0000-0207-AC91
Here there are two ways to beat the level. Two routes: an overworld and an underworld. I believe it needs no more explanation.

Tender Mountain - 81DB-0000-0113-E01E
This is my griefer level. It's not ridiculously tough, but it isn't exactly a walk in the park either. This is my oldest level of the three.

Bear in mind all 3 levels were made before the new update with the new building features and I didn't change them to implement these things. Enjoy.
Thanks!
Added them to the OP.