News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Braixen's Non-Piano Arrangements (NEW: PKMN SM - MY HOME)

Started by braix, February 13, 2016, 10:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

This is where all my non-piano stuff will go.
Any feedback is always appreciated.

= PKMN DPP - "Route 201" =
[MUS] [Original]

PKMN XY - "Coiffure Clips"
[MUS] [Original]

= PKMN HGSS - "Ice Path/Dark Cave" =
[MUS] [Original]

PSMD - "No Frustration, No Giving up"
[MUS] [Original]

PKMN BW - "Accumula Town"
[MUS] [Original]

PKMN BW - "Route 6(Spring)"
[MUS] [Original]

PKMN SM - "Hau'oli City(Night)"
[MUS] [Original]

PKMN SM - "My Home"
[MUS] [Original]

PKMN HGSS - "Viridian Forest"
[MUS] [Original]

==My own interpretation of the song; less of a transcription, more of an arrangement
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

For piano, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, and drums

PKMN XY - "Coiffure Clips"
[MUS]
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

For piano, two electric guitars, an electric bass, and drums

PKMN HGSS - "Ice Path/Dark Cave"
[MUS]

braix

Sopranino Recorder, Wood Blocks, Tuba, Snare Drum, Flute, Ukulele, Crash Cymbals, Bugle, Trumpet, and Hand Claps.

PSMD - "No Frustration, No Giving up"
[MUS] [Original]

daj

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 14, 2016, 09:58:11 PMFor piano, two electric guitars, an electric drum, and drums

PKMN HGSS - "Ice Path/Dark Cave"
[MUS]

I searched "Ice Path" to see if anyone did something already, and then I saw this. Ooh. This is good stuff <3

Extra kudos for the bass part! It's like this growling Swinub that's trailing you throughout your walk (probably not the best expression for this). But your arrangement, I think, perfectly captures that "this place is frigid and creepy" feeling that the cave intends to create.

Mm, it's a pretty old arrangement, haha, but I think it could be made much more awesome with some variation in the drum rhythm. This is especially true at bar 15, because I'm pretty sure the game track adds in a bit of syncopation (i.e. offbeat accents) in the percussion part, giving it a driving rhythm that moves the music forward and creates contrast with the previous section. I think you could transfer the riff in the piano right hand to the left hand and let the right hand play something a little more awesome to elaborate on that change in rhythm (off-beat chords maybe!). After all, it kinda sucks if the piano player only uses one of his hands for the entire piece :p

Oh! And the piece is in C minor (three flats) too. Hope that helps tidy things up. :p

braix

Thanks for the feedback , daj! I didn't see your post, I must have marked this thread as unread on accident whoops
Anyway here's two new sheets

Flute, Drum Set, Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Bass, Piano

PKMN BW - "Accumula Town"
[MUS] [Original]

Trumpet, Two Violins, Tuba, Marimba, Snare Drum, Bass Drum, Crash Cymbal, Two Horns

PKMN BW - "Route 6(Spring)"
[MUS] [Original]

nutella511

Is there any way to get an mus of Route 6. I really want to see your arrangement, but Notepad can't open it.

braix

Quote from: nutella511 on August 27, 2016, 02:28:40 PMIs there any way to get an mus of Route 6. I really want to see your arrangement, but Notepad can't open it.
Yep, edited my post. Sorry about that, I forgetting to make a mus file ^^"

braix

Drum Set, Fretless Bass, Piano

PKMN SM - "Hau'oli City(Night)"
[MUS] [Original]

THE FORMATTING IS TERRIBLE BUT I HAVE THE NOTES

braix

Tambourine, Bongo Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Bass, 2 Ukeleles, Piano, Shakers

PKMN SM - "My Home"
[MUS] [Original]

braix

Idk how this was never uploaded, it's been finished for a while

For two pianos and a drum set.

PKMN HGSS - "Viridian Forest"
[MUS] [Original]

AmpharosAndy

Awesome stuff! Bars 9- 16 = <3. I love the chugging chord and drum feel going on there as well as the repeated crotchet notes in the secondo part every two bars.

One thing that may (or may not idk) make it better is moving the primo part's left hand, which starts at bar 17, up an octave. It may obtain a more sonorous, melodic tone there. You could then put a simple bass part in the other piano which plays the root notes of the chords to fill the texture a bit. It seems a bit too low to be interacting with the melody above it in the way that it should...if that makes sense?

Anyhoo, good stuff :D

innit

SlowPokemon

I personally am a big fan of treble and bass lines being really far apart. Beethoven did this a lot.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

AmpharosAndy

innit