News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Posting Issues

Started by WaluigiTime64, February 08, 2016, 01:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

So I have been having problems with posting, as in, NONE of the buttons (the ones above the box you write stuff in) work. Meaning I CAN'T put spoiler menus in, I CAN'T post images, and I CAN'T even change the font to bold/italics/underline.

Is there a reason the buttons are just plain gifs, or is this a genuine problem? Because I can't find answers to this question anywhere else.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

JDMEK5

Um, they should be doing stuff. Make sure that you click on the text box before trying those buttons. If the cursor focus is anywhere else it might not work.

As a temporary substitute, know that all those buttons are short for code so you can do them all manually by hand with not much trouble but yeah, let's see if we can get this figured out.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

I just tested them all and they're working for me. What browser do you use?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

Yep, it was just a problem with the browser I was using. (Which is Microsoft Edge, by the way)

Spoiler
I just don't want to use Chrome, because of just how darn slow it starts-up/runs.
A fix for Microsoft Edge users would be greatly apprectiated
[close]

I should download Firefox.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

BrainyLucario

Yaa!!! Firefox FTW!!! I think Firefox is a much better browser the internet explorer or chrome to be honest.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 08, 2016, 11:33:14 AMYep, it was just a problem with the browser I was using. (Which is Microsoft Edge, by the way)

Spoiler
I just don't want to use Chrome, because of just how darn slow it starts-up/runs.
A fix for Microsoft Edge users would be greatly apprectiated
[close]

I should download Firefox.
I don't have that problem with edge, but it does have its compatibility issues from time to time.  My personal recommendation (from someone who also hates chrome) is Comodo IceDragon, which is Comodo's version of FireFox (so anything that says firefox applies to it).  It's a bit to get used to, but overall it's a solid browser

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 08, 2016, 11:36:03 AMYaa!!! Firefox FTW!!! I think Firefox is a much better browser the internet explorer
wrong
unmotivated

Sebastian

My personal favorite is Google Chrome. I've never had a problem with it and it's faster than Internet Explorer. Then again, I have a new desktop computer which is probably why it's so fast.

mikey

Quote from: Sebastian on February 08, 2016, 11:47:53 AMMy personal favorite is Google Chrome. I've never had a problem with it and it's faster than Internet Explorer. Then again, I have a new desktop computer which is probably why it's so fast.
NOPENOPENOPEYOU'REWRONGGETOUTNOCHROMEUSERSHEREGOODBYE
unmotivated

FireArrow

I can't bring myself to like chrome given how many times its snuck onto my computer because I forgot to uncheck a box.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

I like Firefox better than Chrome, but I also probably haven't used Chrome ENOUGH to see the benefits. What are some facts as to why Chrome is better?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

In general, Chrome is simpler. And that sounds like a meh reason, but it's super convenient to have one search bar, your bookmarks, and three navigation buttons for basically everything. Pinning tabs is a useful feature (I don't know if other browsers use similar things) that lets you make a tab persist when you exit the Chrome process and restart it. I've got three tabs pinned below. If you type something in the search bar, it'll go to a website if it's a url or do a search in an engine you specify (default Google) with the words you put in. It's also got the autocomplete of Google with some extra conveniences:

The browser can be synced to a Google account, which means that if you use Chrome on multiple computers and your phone or tablet or whatever, your bookmarks, search history, and stored passwords are persistent across all of them.

There are arguably as many customizations for Chrome as for Firefox in terms of Adblocker, themes, YouTube skins, etc...

All browsers are being optimized simply because there are other browsers competing. Firefox and Chrome aren't really different in that regard; they'll beat each other at different times in different aspects. The feature that makes me prefer Chrome in terms of how it runs is that Chrome reserves a separate runtime space for each tab you open, meaning if one tab crashes or goes gammy, the others aren't affected. This does affect performance on lower-end computers, but only if your computer has trouble with it in the first place. If you can handle it at all, it's not noticable.

To be honest, the biggest advantages to Chrome are look-and-feel things. In my opinion, it's simpler and more convenient than any other popular browser. But if you're more comfortable with Firefox or something of similar caliber, there's no need to really change. The exception is Internet Explorer (and possibly Edge, though I don't have much experience with it). IE is incredibly poorly optimized, the number of things unsupported by it is unacceptable for a browser, and it has way too many security holes.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things