News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Recommend Underrated/Undiscovered Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, February 02, 2016, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 09, 2016, 12:39:33 PMI don't recall them all being DS games.

While they may not all be exclusively DS games, I do own all of these games for the DS so i wrote DS games.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 09, 2016, 10:55:31 AMb waf wins

please just use Fairyless as my nickname. b waf looks ridiculous
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on February 09, 2016, 01:55:55 PMWhile they may not all be exclusively DS games, I do own all of these games for the DS so i wrote DS games.

please just use Fairyless as my nickname. b waf looks ridiculous
nopenopenope
I'M the nicknamer around here, I decide what your nickname is
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

oh really and who put you in charge pf that

EDIT: never mind i don't want to derail this topic
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Altissimo

[snip]

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on February 09, 2016, 02:46:21 PMoh really and who put you in charge pf that
after nicknaming 4 other people I decided that my nickname was the nicknamer
and so I shall be until Nick comes back
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Anyone ever heard of Rocky Rodent? It's for the SNES; basically, it's a Mario game with an urban kick. The main character, a rodent, presumably named Rocky, uses jumps & power-ups to reach the end of a level (but the power-ups are hairstyles that Rocky can use to off baddies). It's a decent game.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

I feel like I should recommend Hotel Dusk and Last Window here, in case that wasn't clear from my posts in that other thread. Last Window is definitely worth importing if you live outside of Europe.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 20, 2016, 06:31:58 AMAnyone ever heard of Rocky Rodent? It's for the SNES; basically, it's a Mario game with an urban kick. The main character, a rodent, presumably named Rocky, uses jumps & power-ups to reach the end of a level (but the power-ups are hairstyles that Rocky can use to off baddies). It's a decent game.
is it rocky and bullwinkle
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Nope. It's some random rodent named Rocky (although that would be cool to see in a game like that)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: Nebbles on February 02, 2016, 05:58:35 PMHm, has anyone here heard of Scribblenauts?
I've played Super and Unlimited, but not the first one. Haven't played them in a long time, though.

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter is a DS game by CyberConnect 2, the same company as .hack. Unfortunately for Solatorobo, it was released in the same month as Ocarina of Time 3D in Europe, but still sold well enough worldwide to not be considered a commercial failure. The characters in the game are anthropomorphic cats and dogs, which may turn people off the game, but my enjoyment of it has nothing to do with the character designs. I love the game because of its story, which starts out slow, but I like it more than Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers' (mainly because there's no wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey complications). This game has the novel concept of both the protagonist and his sidekick being equally important - takes notes, Chunsoft. I still managed to be surprised by a certain plot twist despite it being spoiled in a trailer that I still remembered after three years (I got the game in 2014, and it came out 2011). Also, the gameplay's pretty decent for a story-driven game. /ramble
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Nebbles

This game isn't out yet, but I'm excited for Hyper Light Drifter because it looks gorgeous.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

I know this isn't exactly an "undiscovered game," but about six months ago I got around to playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and I'm not sure if I posted much about it. It's my favorite game I've ever played on the Wii U, and the level design is consistently incredible and clever. It's a cute, lovely, thrilling little game and if you give it a chance I'm sure you'll absolutely adore it. It can be tricky, but I honestly liked it even more than Super Mario 3D World.

Also for Wii U eShop, if you're looking for a really really cool experience that uses the Wii U's features in absolutely crazy ways, consider downloading Year Walk. It's a pretty short experience, only a few hours, which may seem like not much bang for your buck at like $7 or whatever it costs, but I'd say it's worth as much as $10 or $15. It's really great. I played that one when it came out back in October, so I've had some time to distance myself from that too, in case anyone wants to check bias haha. It's definitely a little on the creepy side, but it's not "jump out of your seat" scary--think maybe like a stop-motion Tim Burton film. Give it a try. Its use of the Gamepad is absolutely brilliant.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

The number 1 underrated game is... *drumroll*  Hot Wheels World Race for the gameboy! This game was legit. It was the best racing game I've ever played, it was a huge part in my childhood, and it was really hard! Brings back memories...