Recommend Underrated/Undiscovered Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, February 02, 2016, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Hey, in all fairness, I wasn't sure if anyone else was still aware of the game's existence. It's been a while.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

I'm not sure how under-the-radar I'm going with these, but Air Brawl is an early development dogfighting game. Despite not being fully complete, it's a ton of fun, and it feels really nice to play.

Getting a little more into the light, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning got a lot of hype when they first announced it, but it kinda died with "okay" reviews and a dead studio. Despite this, it's actually a great RPG with a lot of names on it (writer RA Salvatore and TES IV lead designer Ken Rolston for two), and though it has some limitations and vaguely MMO feel to the quests, I would recommend it to anybody who enjoys high fantasy.

And I know it's certainly not undiscovered, but Assassin's Creed Rogue is by far my favorite in the series. It took Black Flag's great naval combat and overall experience, improved on some minor hiccups in the UI and such, and gave it a fantastic story. Especially if you've played a few of the other ones, Rogue is worth picking up if you enjoy the type of game.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

KefkaticFanatic

Amalur is an excellent game.  A shame the studio went under before they could finish up all of the followup DLC/sequel plans they had in the wraps.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Danganronpa is incredible. It's not terribly obscure (and I've made posts about them here before) but I don't know if anyone here has played them. Either way, it's coming to Steam this month and it comes with a super high recommendation.

Also, on the Nintendo eShop, Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale and Crimson Shroud for 3DS, and Year Walk for Wii U (definitely one of the most interesting games I played last year, and definitely the coolest use of the Wii U hardware I've ever seen).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tobbeh99

So being the Wild Arms arranger, sort of, I'm gonna recommend Wild Arms 1 and 3.

Wild Arms
Wild Arms is western-style rpg with great story, battle system, music (OMG!), design, characters. It kind of feels similar to final fantasy games, the overworld, the towns, dungeons etc. But it's still very different and unique, more puzzely at times, kind of like Legend of Zelda. Few things are about the game is actually bad, I guess you could say it has aged badly being a ps1 game, kind of polygon-like. Also the bosses are very easy early on, but thankfully they get harder later on. I think it's available for PSstore or what ever the Playstation store is called, so it's just to go ahead and download. Finally I want to inform you of that they have also released a remake of the game for Ps2 called Alter Code F, with improved graphics and soundtrack, which looks really great!

Wild Arms 3
Now this game is even better. Having played the first, and being a solid game of it's own, this one just amazed me of the first impressions. Better graphics, being on Ps2, lot's of good unique stuff like the ability to move the camera around, looks really cool, ability to escape random encounters, obviously has the same soundtrack quality (Michiko Naruke is amazing), great dungeons. Fantastic game, all I have to say!

2 great RPGs I highly recommend to anyone who wants a new RPG. I haven't played the other games from the series but I've heard that Wild Arms 2 is kind of mediocre, and XF has some issues with the battle system.

2 other games that I don't think is that well-known, at least on this site:

Burnout Revenge
Really satisfying racing game. You not only race against your opponents but you can also destroy them by making a Takedown. It's super fun, just mercilessly ramming your opponents and other cars around as you race to the finish. There are also other modes you'll play like Road Rage, where the goal is to do as many takedowns as possible, or Crash where the objective is to create a big car crash! I've played another Burnout game, Burnout Dominator, which way worse and due to only one thing: you couldn't ram neutral cars from behind, only your opponents obviously. This made it so you had to drive way more carefully and it really felt odd when the game seemed to be a game where you should drive recklessly. I don't know how most burnout games are, if you usually can shut cars from behind or not, but the fact that you can do so in Burnout Revenge makes it really fun to play!

Red Alert 3
Just a really fun strategy game. You play as Soviet, Allied or Japan, each having an own story mode. What makes the game so good is it's simplicity. You don't need lots of advanced strats in order to complete the missions, build a great army, destroy your opponent. Each country have their own cool weaponry, Allied got prism tanks, Soviet got Zeppelins, Japan got Onis (titan-like robots). It's a really fun and amusing strategy game all in all. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

MaestroUGC

The Red Alert series is great, it's a very tongue-in-cheek take on the classic RTS format. RA3 actually boasts some great acting talent like George Takei, J.K Simmons, and Tim Curry for the cut-scenes.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

Oh god, I played Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast forever ago.

Magic Mole

Years ago when GameStop sold GC games (rip), I ended up getting some game called Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, which I had never heard of. The ONLY reason I got it was because it was like 7 bucks, but I ended up really liking it (at least as far as blind game purchases go). If it's actually really bad it's not my fault blame my little kid self for having fond memories of it

Trainer Ave

DS Games
Fossil Fighters
Fossil Fighters Champions
Okamiden
Avalon Code
Disgaea
Ragnarok
Spectral Force Genesis
Radiant Historia
Lost in Blue
Luminous Arc
Luminous Arc 2
Nostalgia
The Dark Spire
Time Hollow
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

unmotivated

mastersuperfan

I've heard of most of those (I played a lot of Fossil Fighters back in the day), though I don't recall them all being DS games.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Fossil Fighters was that game back in middle school
I've also heard of radiant historia but other than that the names aren't familiar at all
unmotivated