News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pokémon Red, Blue, & Yellow

Started by SlowPokemon, January 31, 2016, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which legendary bird Pokémon is your favorite?

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

SlowPokemon

Get hyped! We've only got about four weeks before the original Pokémon games are released on the eShop. Amazon's download code listings confirm that they'll each retail for $9.99, a bit pricier than the average Virtual Console title.

Anyway, answer the poll and post your reasons here! Personally, I'm having a tough time deciding which one to buy. Blue is the one I grew up with and it would have the best nostalgia value, but I've never played Yellow before! So I'm very conflicted. Any advice?

I'll try to update the poll every few days or so if enough people start playing these and are interested in talking about the games leading up to release.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

Buy Yellow! The Pikachu following you is reason enough ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Ninja'd, I think you should buy Yellow too! I think it's worth it since you never played it, and it's slightly different than red/blue

As for me, I don't have any friends to play this with locally so there's no point in buying it

Altissimo

I have Yellow and Blue carts for my GBASP that are still functioning so I think I'mma just take Red. If I ever seriously feel the need to have Yellow available whenever I want then I might get it, but it's just Red for the moment. (Also I'm running low on space on my 3DS after downloading Ace Attorney Trilogy, Dual Destinies, and Super Mystery Dungeon digitally oops) I'm also gonna try to get a living Pokédex going, somehow - I completed the dex in Platinum and Omega Ruby, this would be easy shit in comparison!

SlowPokemon

Well you guys have sold me! Pokémon Yellow, here I come! :D

mikey

Yellow is just so much of an upgrade over Red and Blue that I don't see a purpose of getting either
in fact I don't see a purpose of getting them anyway since I have all of them sitting right next to me (plus an extra copy of blue)
I mean I was pretty sure everyone already had these games
unmotivated

Yug_Guy

Despite being a big Pokemon fan, I think I might probably skip this bandwagon. I didn't grow up with the Gen I games (or at least, the ones on GameBoy), so they don't really mean all that much to me. If I had to choose one though, I'd probably go with Yellow. Colored graphics and all three starters? Sign me up!

BrainyLucario

Yellow! I never played any of the Gen 1 pokemon games, i sure qould love to play yellow, given the fact that you can find all three starters in the game!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Magic Mole

Oh cool! Pokemon Red was one of the first Game Boy games I ever played (although not my favorite GB game, that spot will always belong to Crystal), but I've always wanted to play Yellow!
I've actually been playing Red at school on my graphing calculator...there's this thing that converts GB ROMs into playable calculator apps for the TI-83/84. It's kinda slow and calculator graphics aren't exactly top-notch lol but it works

Olimar12345

I'll be getting all three. I really hope they do get two though eventually. Easily the best gen.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Either Blue or Yellow - Blue was my first game, but I like Yellow because of special Pikachu edition.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 31, 2016, 05:43:45 PMYellow! I never played any of the Gen 1 pokemon games, i sure qould love to play yellow, given the fact that you can find all three starters in the game!
the 2 year generation gap is real
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 31, 2016, 08:11:33 PMI'll be getting all three. I really hope they do get two though eventually. Easily the best gen.

I was thinking this too! Not necessarily the best gen part, but even thinking about playing the original Gold or Silver again after so many years actually makes my heart beat faster.

Still, Yellow will hold me over for a while! And honestly there's a good chance I'll buy Blue as well if I end up catching Poké fever.

Altissimo