A really noobish question

Started by fluidlife, June 21, 2008, 10:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidlife

----(())----o--l
---------------l
---------------l
---------------l

So, (()) = a whole note (The one that is 4 beats)
o = quarter beat (1 beat)
What do I do when that coms up?

help appreciated.
Noob right here, any easy songs tell me, plz and thx.

KefkaticFanatic

Play the other note while holding one down?  But if its the same note, usually you're holding a pedal down and you just release and play the other one.  A more specific example would help.

me irl
[close]

fluidlife

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 21, 2008, 10:56:22 AMPlay the other note while holding one down?  But if its the same note, usually you're holding a pedal down and you just release and play the other one.  A more specific example would help.

thx for replying, I see you user name EVERY where on this forum.

From the song:
Chaos temple, final fantasy (It's a easy song, thats why i'm trying it out.)

KefkaticFanatic

So what you're going to do is play the chord, but release and play the B again while still holding down E and G. (Just imagine that the B is a half note while the other 2 are whole notes)

me irl
[close]

razer84

if he's using the pedal (and i don't know, i haven't played that song) can't he just press down the E-G-B chord and then release those notes while still holding the higher E and then play the B B?

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

There isn't a pedal.  I even posted the measure ::)

me irl
[close]

razer84

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 21, 2008, 10:44:06 PMThere isn't a pedal.  I even posted the measure ::)

maybe the pedal was before the measure. ::)

damn commies.

PianoMan

Pedals are optional. I use them on half the sheets here even tho they aren't written.

fluidlife

Quote from: razer84 on June 22, 2008, 07:24:42 AM
Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 21, 2008, 10:44:06 PMThere isn't a pedal.  I even posted the measure ::)

maybe the pedal was before the measure. ::)

And I have a keyboard  :o

KefkaticFanatic

Pedals are not optional.  They should only be used if the song SHOULD have the pedal.  Imagine playing Dr Wily Stage 1 with a pedal.  Massive suck.

me irl
[close]