News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Kirby's Epic Yarn Unofficial Arrangement Project!

Started by Nebbles, January 21, 2016, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutella511

Quote from: Magalamoto18 on October 05, 2016, 02:32:21 PMGuess who procrastinated on their homework to get their arrangement finished on time?
Here ya go ;)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByS9mBRRrJgVNTJkOFhIdkY0bUE
Some notes..

-When playing this, it is crucial that you pay as much attention to which notes are stacatto and which ones aren't. Because the baseline is the Harpsichord, it makes all the more difference in sound when listening to it and playing it.
-In the beginning of the song, there's an impossible scale to play where each note is a 32nd note, and after that there is a series of F, E Flat, and E Natural notes. My advice for this part is to play as much as you can for the first measure, and for the F, Eb, and E notes, you can either trill them without counting, or you can do a chord with the three notes each measure it is in.

Let me know what I did right and what I did wrong, or if I should add anything. It was fun being a part of this project :)
[close]

The main thing you need to do is FORMATTING.

Magalamoto18

Quote from: nutella511 on October 05, 2016, 05:30:45 PMThe main thing you need to do is FORMATTING.
I'm aware of the guidelines, but the software I'm using (iWriteSheetMusic for iPad) doesn't have any font options. Sucks, but I'm still learning how to use MuseScore for Mac.

Magalamoto18

Page needs updating- "Dark Manor" should now be highlighted in blue.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

LeviR.star

I know this hasn't been posted in for at least 120 days, but can I assume that if a song in here has been claimed but not finished/posted, it's fine to arrange it myself? Again, sorry for the necrobump. It's just such a shame that this looks dead.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

I didn't know this was a thing! I'll definitely help out after a bit more work on the colosseum project :D
Quote from: LeviR.star on February 17, 2017, 06:56:52 AMcan I assume that if a song in here has been claimed but not finished/posted, it's fine to arrange it myself?
Go for it. Their fault for taking so long.
innit

E. Gadd Industries

I give my claim on World 5 Snow Land to LeviR.star
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

I'd message the person, but I assume it's fair game after that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mastersuperfan

Which one are you planning on arranging? I just got on break (finally), so I'm going to finish my arrangement of Dusk Dunes soon.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Boy oh boy, did I forget about finishing this. Back in February I the first three measures for this one, so during camp, I thought I'd complete it when I got home. I'm kinda glad I stalled so long, because it would have been a nightmare to do nearly 6 months prior to now.

I need feedback on this before I post it in my PA. It's not often that I do sheets in this style.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - World 5: Snow Land.zip

If this song was already purely piano, I'll bet it would have been on-site years ago.

I'm happy to participate in this unnofficial arrangement project! I might even do Future City and a few others, too! ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Hey, awesome to see you branching out from chiptune tracks! I can't check things in depth right now, but here are a few things I can suggest while doing a quick listen:
- Personal preference, but bumping everything down one measure per system would make everything line up much nicer.
- You're missing an F in the RH on beat 3 of measure 2.
- No parentheses on the D in measure 7 and likewise - that's part of the melody and definitely needs to be re-struck.
- Spell m. 18 and 26 with flats instead.
- It's good that you have the voices separated in different layers, but that causes things to look unnecessarily awkward in places - for instance measure 14. Since there is pedal there wouldn't be a discernible difference if you shortened the chord a little bit to make room for the pickup eighth note, and that would look cleaner.
- Why do you have pedal changes every two measures instead of every measure?
- m. 19-20 - that first F sounds like part of the melody so I would put it in that layer. Additionally the other two F's in that layer seem redundant, so I think it might be better if you just wrote out the melody by itself in one layer here.
- You should be more clear about your dynamics - if you're going with separate hand dynamics, the LH doesn't get any at all, and the RH ones are confusing at best - the mp is floating high above m.7, and it transitions to... still mp in m. 22? Clarify and simplify a bit. One recommendation I would make is to have a simple mp in between the staves at m.7.

There's more than I can get to with my limited time right now, but you're doing well! I like this sheet!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

^^ other than that, I have two comments

- On beat 3 of m2, the rolled chord should also have a D in between the G and F, and maybe you could extend the B to the RH staff
- You don't need to put 'con pedale' if you also put visible pedal markings, and an easier way to write them would be through the custom line tool. If you check the smart shape options under the tab and change the smart lines from glissando to custom line, there are a lot of options to choose from

Nice work :3

mastersuperfan

Gonna bump this now because we actually have finished a surprising amount of the OST and we're not too far off from finishing the whole thing!

The following tracks are open for arrangement, to anyone interested in helping out:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

I'll consider claiming more than Vs. Fangora and Future City.